PDA

View Full Version : Utv Radio recommendations

deryll1
10-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Hi there, me and my buddy would like to communicate while riding. What’s a good radio to get. Needs to be car to car . Good price .
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPL
10-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Hi there, me and my buddy would like to communicate while riding. What’s a good radio to get. Needs to be car to car . Good price .
Thanks!

Most of us here on the forum have Rugged radios and are very happy with them !!

deryll1
10-04-2018, 07:11 PM
I saw them, but there are different sets. There is a set at 1300$ and then a set around 500$. Both have 2 helmet kits.

EPL
10-04-2018, 07:25 PM
I saw them, but there are different sets. There is a set at 1300$ and then a set around 500$. Both have 2 helmet kits.

You just have to read what each one is because the are different watt radios , some intercoms are blue tooth and so on !!

deryll1
10-05-2018, 03:02 AM
Ok, thanks for the info, I saw some on eBay with some description, have to google a bit more.

Irish3010
10-05-2018, 07:50 AM
You know the saying, "you get what you pay for". Get the Rugged Radios. Get the RM-60 Radio and Intercom. Wired or wireless is your choice for the hemet kit. If you go cheap you will wish you hadn't. Call Rugged, tell them what you are doing they will help pair up a kit. The reason I recommend the RM-60 is that it is 60 watt. More range.

good luck

deryll1
10-05-2018, 08:29 AM
You know the saying, "you get what you pay for". Get the Rugged Radios. Get the RM-60 Radio and Intercom. Wired or wireless is your choice for the hemet kit. If you go cheap you will wish you hadn't. Call Rugged, tell them what you are doing they will help pair up a kit. The reason I recommend the RM-60 is that it is 60 watt. More range.

good luck

After some research I saw the difference between the gear, the cheap one is just the intercom, the other set is intercom and radio combined. I definitely will go rugged, but as you said, I’ll call them and have them guide me! Thanks for the input!

Scrat
10-05-2018, 11:39 AM

good luck

I went the wrong way the first time .