PDA

View Full Version : Seeing tires in my sleep....

FBT
03-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Read the Tensor thread and think perhaps I am narrowing it down a bit...Tensors, XG's, or Rock A Billy's...I am also looking to find a replacement for the rapidly wearing bighorns on my XP1K.
Are the Pro Armor XG's as good in the sand, (as in at Sand Mountain), as the Bighorns are? I have a paddle set up but it seems more and more often we play in the dunes for awhile and then head on out into the mountains and desert as was said over there. I think I have pushed my luck over the years with the Bighorns, no punctures or sidewall tears and would like something that performs better in most other terrain but don't want to loose any performance in the dunes.
As was said over there, I don't want two sets of tires plus the ones on the car to haul around....
Am I asking too much?
The XG's look pretty good...so do the Sedona Rock a Billy's...but finding dune specific performance info on any of the non paddle tires isn't easy.

Any experience you guys have had and would share is much appreciated.

EPL
03-05-2018, 06:22 PM
I have the XG's on mine and they work better in the sand then Tensor's but not as good as Bighorn's !!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

drtfun
03-05-2018, 07:27 PM
I have the Rockabilly's have not tried them yet. First trip will be the Reno ride in April. They are mounted on a 7" wide wheel with 6psi and still have a pretty good crown.2618

FBT
03-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the info very much appreciated. How much do you lose in the dunes with the XG's vs the Bighorns?

Please post upon the Rock-a-billys when you get some miles on them.

FBT
04-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Any update on the Rockabillys?

Mike621
04-19-2018, 03:00 PM
I have the Rockabilly's have not tried them yet. First trip will be the Reno ride in April. They are mounted on a 7" wide wheel with 6psi and still have a pretty good crown.2618

Looks like a good tire, what size you running

drtfun
04-19-2018, 07:22 PM
Mike & FBT
30x10x14, They worked very well this past weekend up the sand hill no problem the mud :( hit some nasty rocks and still holding air. I am very happy so far.

Mike621
04-19-2018, 08:33 PM
I've been looking at the ITP Ultra cross 31x15 , they seem to get good reviews, so many utv tires out now, don't think you can go wrong picking from the top 10 utv tire review. [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FBT
04-22-2018, 07:50 PM
Thank you!

Bruce
04-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Looks like a good tire, what size you running

What spare.....I just see caddy's

FBT
04-25-2018, 06:08 PM
Well decided on the wheels....Method 401 Titanium finish, 7 wide 4x3. Going to hold on to the GMZ wheels for a bit and put the bighorns back on the stock wheels after I decide on a tire and am happy with it. Right now the Rock A Billys are at the top of the list.
I have my sand only tires on 50 Caliber beadlocks.
I tend to overthink things but the tire wheel combos for these things have become as expensive as buying stuff for trucks used to be, so I don't want to make any mistakes. The car was clutched by Ben for pulling the paddles so I think it will be ok with the larger, heavier tires on board. If not I will hunt Ben down next time we are at the mountain LOL.
Lot of people telling me I am wanting to have my cake and eat it too in this tire hunt...and now that I think about it I guess that is true...

Mike621
04-25-2018, 06:20 PM
Method 401’s are good looking rims, I also wanted to go with them, but they don’t make them in 15” 5+2 offset for the X3 , so I went with Fuel Vectors and Ultracross 31” tires. Agree so many utv tires and sizes, hard to pick which one you would like best, Fed Ex said there be here sometime Monday. [emoji598]

drtfun
04-25-2018, 08:57 PM
FBT great choice will look and work great. :cool: Mike those fuel wheels look great also.