PDA

View Full Version : My local dealer experience/review

stetson
01-22-2018, 12:51 PM
This is my personal experience and review.

Auburn Extreme Power Sports
Auburn, Ca.

I purchase a 2018 1000 trail & rock 12/29/17.

When I got it home it threw a code when taking it off the trailer.

I took it back to the dealer on Saturday 12/30/17 and was told to wait a few minutes they just needed to flash the computer and they could do it on the trailer.

4hrs later I was informed I would have leave it until Tue.

Tues I was told the map program they were trying to load was bad and that Polaris had to rewrite the program and it was a nation wide issue, call back at the end of the week.

Called back end of the week told factory was not responsive to the issue so they ordered a new ECU, check back next week.

Called them back, told the new computer could not be programmed because the factory program was bad(sound familiar) and the factory was not getting back to them about the issue.

I have been calling for updates every few days to get the same answer the factory is not taking care of the issue.

So now as of the posting of this it has been 24 days in the shop with no idea when it will be ready to use.

I paid $23,000 Dollars for a vehicle I have not yet been able to use.

DMV has already sent my green sticky (a week ago)and I have nothing to put it on.

Pretty bad when DMV has a better turn around time than Polaris.

Called customer "No Service" today only to find out there is a warranty open but no ECU was ever ordered and when they are ordered they are already programmed.

They said there was a tech notation "dealer not responsive waiting to hear from dealer" and there was nothing they could do about it.

The service dept never takes calls and the girl that answers the phone always says someone will call you back but they never do.

The only way to get to talk to someone is to say you want to buy a new vehicle then someone becomes available.

I spoke to the co owner and he said it was not his problem it was on Polaris and he was within the boundaries of the lemon law.

As of the writing of this post I would definitely say

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH

AUBURN EXTREME POWER SPORTS
IN AUBURN CA.

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of this forum or club

Mike621
01-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Man that really sucks, have you tried calling Roseville Yamaha/Polaris. There getting pretty big into SXS, even starting to have so custom RZR’s onsite, so maybe they could help, but sounds like Factory problem? Hope you get it figured out soon.

stetson
01-22-2018, 01:10 PM
Man that really sucks, have you tried calling Roseville Yamaha/Polaris. There getting pretty big into SXS, even starting to have so custom RZR’s onsite, so maybe they could help, but sounds like Factory problem? Hope you get it figured out soon.

Thanks for the info.
For now I need to see this thru. 30 days and lemon law kicks in.
Personally I think its the dealer. Polaris claims the dealer never ordered an ecu and the dealer didn't return the polaris technicians call.

Michale
01-22-2018, 03:42 PM
I read the topic you posted on rzr forum but I don't think you listed the dealerships name. Hopefully they will see this and make it right. Nothing worse then bad press. I hate to hear things like this. That's one of the reasons i opted out of the extended warranty. I would rather work on it myself then take it to the dealership. Good luck.

RenoG13
01-22-2018, 04:40 PM
I personally know the owners of the Polaris dealership here in Reno. If you need some help, please let me know and I'll see if I can arrange a call or something.

AlfaBaz
01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
This is why I still drive two and a half hours to Red Bluff when I need service on my General. And by the way, I met one of the owners of Auburn Extreme on a ride before I bought my General. He had one in stock and said to give him a call for the price; when I did, he was absolutely firm at full MSRP. Robert (owner at Red Bluff) beat that by almost $2K!

stetson
01-22-2018, 05:01 PM
I read the topic you posted on rzr forum but I don't think you listed the dealerships name. Hopefully they will see this and make it right. Nothing worse then bad press. I hate to hear things like this. That's one of the reasons i opted out of the extended warranty. I would rather work on it myself then take it to the dealership. Good luck.

I will be adding the name soon.

stetson
01-22-2018, 05:02 PM
I personally know the owners of the Polaris dealership here in Reno. If you need some help, please let me know and I'll see if I can arrange a call or something.

Thank you!
I will let you know.

stetson
01-22-2018, 05:02 PM

Thank you!
I let you know.

Pipelayer
01-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Jeff, I’ve tried to order parts from them in the past and never get a call back, you’re not the only one that I’ve heard about poor service from them. I’ve had good experiences with Reno Cycle as well. I don’t have anything good to say about any of the dealers in the Sacramento area. Sorry to hear that they are doing you like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajb9
01-23-2018, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear about this Jeff... A friend of mine had a serious go to court problem with that dealer over a snowmobile. My advise... pick up the basket and take it to another dealer. I would call and talk to Trever at Cal Customs Elk Grove... Good guy, he would know how to deal with this... the dealer in Reno is also good. My friend broke down and took his quad into him once and he bent over backwards to help us.

stetson
01-23-2018, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone!
I really appreciate all the suggestions.
I think I will give it 1 more week and if its not finished I will either pick it up or start working on the lemon law process.
What really sucks is I already sold my 900 and I have nothing to ride.:(

Bruce
01-30-2018, 04:43 AM
Any update on this? I’m hoping something for the better has happened.

stetson
01-30-2018, 02:11 PM
Any update on this? I’m hoping something for the better has happened.

Well it is day 32 and the update is the dealer says they will be getting another one in tomorrow and he will take parts off of it to fix mine.
I don't know if they are blowing smoke or not.
I do know California lemon law (forced buy back) requires 30 before filing and I'm beyond that now.

stetson
02-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Day 35
Dealer says he hasn't received the new unit yet.
Says it's a problem with California units and thinks that is why he hasn't got anymore.
Spoke to someone on the phone who was able to look into it and he said 20 units just got released to California dealers so that was bs.
Now I am waiting to see where in California I can find one to make the dealer get me a new unit. Found out unrelated warranties have been made against the machine also.

Bruce
02-02-2018, 07:09 PM
I'm not diggin this dealer. Might be time to bail.

Lemon law is there for a reason.

EPL
02-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Day 35
Dealer says he hasn't received the new unit yet.
Says it's a problem with California units and thinks that is why he hasn't got anymore.
Spoke to someone on the phone who was able to look into it and he said 20 units just got released to California dealers so that was bs.
Now I am waiting to see where in California I can find one to make the dealer get me a new unit. Found out unrelated warranties have been made against the machine also.

I find it hard to believe that they make the RZR's for California any different then any other states !! I know at one time the made cars with different smog for California but now days they are all the same !!

Mike621
02-02-2018, 07:54 PM
I find it hard to believe that they make the RZR's for California any different then any other states !! I know at one time the made cars with different smog for California but now days they are all the same !!

I believe this to be true also, I really don't think they make a 49 state model, and a California model, they been taking about this on the Maverick forum also about some smog stuff.
I don't believe that you could even have EVO or Alba reflash our ECU anymore in California, which if they could I bet that would fix the problem. I take it they can't just pull a ECU out of a regular RZR 1000 to try?
Hopefully you get it worked out soon so you can get out and ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pipelayer
02-03-2018, 09:06 AM
I believe this to be true also, I really don't think they make a 49 state model, and a California model, they been taking about this on the Maverick forum also about some smog stuff.
I don't believe that you could even have EVO or Alba reflash our ECU anymore in California, which if they could I bet that would fix the problem. I take it they can't just pull a ECU out of a regular RZR 1000 to try?
Hopefully you get it worked out soon so you can get out and ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, they’ve clearly been lying to him from the start.

stetson
02-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Day 39 update
Good news, I finally was able get out of this bad dealer situation.
Not only does the service department not take care of business in a timely manner neither does the bookkeeper. We called the loan company to see if the loan had been funded and found out they failed to process the paperwork within 30 days and said we would have to to reapply for the loan.
We told the loan company what happened and they said they would not fund that loan.
So we found a unit at another dealer. Managed to get Polaris to give me a new 1000 dollar voucher from the heat shield bs we went thru on the other RZR. So now if all goes as planned I will picking up a new unit in Concord this Saturday.

AlfaBaz
02-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Day 39 update
Not only does the service department not take care of business in a timely manner neither does the bookkeeper. We called the loan company to see if the loan had been funded and found out they failed to process the paperwork within 30 days and said we would have to to reapply for the loan.
We told the loan company what happened and they said they would not fund that loan.
So we found a unit at another dealer. Managed to get Polaris to give me a new 1000 dollar voucher from the heat shield bs we went thru on the other RZR. So now if all goes as planned I will picking up a new unit in Concord this Saturday.
:):rolleyes::o

Pipelayer
02-07-2018, 02:53 AM
Day 39 update

Great news Jeff, hope to see you back on the trails soon.

Mike621
02-07-2018, 05:46 AM
That’s awesome, you were a lot more patient than I would have been, enjoy the new ride. [emoji1417]

EPL
02-07-2018, 06:29 AM
Sounds awesome !!

FBT
04-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Stetson I have the same name on rzr forums and messaged you there. I suspected it was this dealer. When the first recalls came out we were about to take a 7 year old boy on a trip, he was my great nephew. He was suffering from ALS Leukemia, and about to be hospitalized for a stem cell transplant in Stanford.
I called down there and asked if we could get some priority or something for the two rigs we had bought there and a third, bought in Oregon, when this boy's father's Teryx died and we didn't want to lose that trip. I explained what was going on and was basically told to take a number on the two we bought there, and offered no advice at all on the one bought in Oregon. The young man who was at the parts counter tried to help but the owner/boss guy wouldn't lift a finger.
I got help from FJK who made some calls and magically the seas parted and all three were done within 4 days. As the third was being finished up the owner then had the audacity to tell me that they had made this happen, he hadn't been contacted by anyone at corporate...when I knew damn good and well it had come directly from Polaris via FJK, and had the numbers to prove it.
(Unfortunately, Dawsons' health deteriorated and he didn't get to go on that ride. We sorta went into limbo for over a year, he got one more trip to Sand Mountain, his, "happy place" and then we lost him June 10th, 2017...the same day my younger son and his wife brought a new grandson into the world for us...)
His grandfather just bought another rig from that place, but after hearing your story I am done with them. Last straw.
I should have known when I went to pick my new 14 XP1K up and it was sitting out in the rain...and then they did a switcheroo on a extended warranty I thought was part of the package, only they changed packages on me...
The latest recall deal I am going to buy the part myself. We are up in Nevada County and I am not trailering clear to Roseville or further for a shield I can replace in 30 min or less.
That young man at the parts counter is the only one in the building with is the only guy with any integrity IMHO. In a year or two I would like to buy a new machine, if it turns out to be a Polaris it won't be from that joint. As you well know the UTV community is a small group, and we are in an even smaller town...and word travels fast these days.

stetson
04-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Stetson I have the same name on rzr forums and messaged you there. I suspected it was this dealer. When the first recalls came out we were about to take a 7 year old boy on a trip, he was my great nephew. He was suffering from ALS Leukemia, and about to be hospitalized for a stem cell transplant in Stanford.
I called down there and asked if we could get some priority or something for the two rigs we had bought there and a third, bought in Oregon, when this boy's father's Teryx died and we didn't want to lose that trip. I explained what was going on and was basically told to take a number on the two we bought there, and offered no advice at all on the one bought in Oregon. The young man who was at the parts counter tried to help but the owner/boss guy wouldn't lift a finger.
I got help from FJK who made some calls and magically the seas parted and all three were done within 4 days. As the third was being finished up the owner then had the audacity to tell me that they had made this happen, he hadn't been contacted by anyone at corporate...when I knew damn good and well it had come directly from Polaris via FJK, and had the numbers to prove it.
(Unfortunately, Dawsons' health deteriorated and he didn't get to go on that ride. We sorta went into limbo for over a year, he got one more trip to Sand Mountain, his, "happy place" and then we lost him June 10th, 2017...the same day my younger son and his wife brought a new grandson into the world for us...)
His grandfather just bought another rig from that place, but after hearing your story I am done with them. Last straw.
I should have known when I went to pick my new 14 XP1K up and it was sitting out in the rain...and then they did a switcheroo on a extended warranty I thought was part of the package, only they changed packages on me...
The latest recall deal I am going to buy the part myself. We are up in Nevada County and I am not trailering clear to Roseville or further for a shield I can replace in 30 min or less.
That young man at the parts counter is the only one in the building with is the only guy with any integrity IMHO. In a year or two I would like to buy a new machine, if it turns out to be a Polaris it won't be from that joint. As you well know the UTV community is a small group, and we are in an even smaller town...and word travels fast these days.

I'm sorry to hear about Dawson passing but glad he was able to visit his "Happy Place" one more time.
FJK is a great asset to the RZR community. I don't know how he does what he does but very thankful he does it.
Enjoy your new grand baby!