PDA

View Full Version : Harness install on a 2017 rzr

RenoG13
12-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Good afternoon all,

I'm hoping that someone out there has done this install on a 1kxp4 and is willing to lend a hand. It's brand new and I hate to take things apart, they never are quite the same after. Reno cycles wants $200 to install all four harnesses, and I don't really want to go that route. If anyone is able to lend a hand and some knowledge I'm off all week next week.

EPL
12-20-2017, 06:27 AM
Good afternoon all,

I'm hoping that someone out there has done this install on a 1kxp4 and is willing to lend a hand. It's brand new and I hate to take things apart, they never are quite the same after. Reno cycles wants $200 to install all four harnesses, and I don't really want to go that route. If anyone is able to lend a hand and some knowledge I'm off all week next week.

If I lived closer I would more than happy to help !!

RenoG13
12-20-2017, 10:14 AM
I appreciate that! I should sweeten the deal with beer of your choice!

Michale
12-20-2017, 10:56 AM
I appreciate that! I should sweeten the deal with beer of your choice!

I am in Diamond springs if you want to bring it over this weekend.

RenoG13
12-20-2017, 11:07 AM
Normally that would work, but it's Christmas weekend = Family arriving! Thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it.

neil11975
12-21-2017, 06:45 AM
Don't be afraid to work on these machines yourself. When I got mine, it was immediately pulled into the garage and stripped of all plastics and interior to run wires and install a bunch of aftermarket parts. It's a great way to learn about your RZR. A lot of stuff can happen to these out in the middle of nowhere and it is nice to know a little bit about them. Good luck. I would give you a hand for sure if I wasn't 3 1/2 hours away. Just an FYI, some upper harness straps are not long enough to work with the front seats when trying to use the rear passenger grab bar. I think it is UTV inc. that sells another bar that bolts into place above the grab bar to make the harnesses fit better.

RenoG13
12-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the input! I'm not afraid to take it apart, it trying to figure out where the extra parts go when I'm done ;)