PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use electric pressure washers

Scrat
05-06-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm looking at pressure washers and want to cut down on the things I have to maintain around the house. So i'm looking at an electric pressure washer, i know its not the "manly" thing to do but its got to be done. I"m looking at an AR Blue Clean with 1900 PSI, i don't need it to blast holes through the plastic, just knock the mud off.

Yellow Toy
05-06-2015, 06:26 PM
AR blue clean is bitchin
Was in same boat as you two years ago
After going through 3 gas power washers around here I was ready for something else.
I did lots of research about pumps and washers, etc. Decided the AR blue clean fit the bill...paid $80+ for a small one open box special on Ebay. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER

ICant say enough about them. Going on its second season here its still working great
Harbor freight power washer is a clone of the AR blue clean, just like their Predator engines are Honda clones, that says something about the AR Blue clean pump design

EPL
05-06-2015, 07:53 PM
I have been told it's not good to pressure wash my rzr.

Mike621
05-06-2015, 09:15 PM
I have an electric pressure washer, I love it I've been pressure washing all my off road , bikes, Quads, RzRs,for 15 years plus, works great , you have to use some commen scents and not hold the nozzle right up to seals and stuff, but for mud, dirt, almost don't even need soap.
I have the same washer , it's pretty beat up, but still works��

Wrdwzrd
05-07-2015, 06:51 AM
If you decide to pressure wash your ride, be very careful around the wheels. Many wheel bearings have been destroyed by a pressure washer blowing out the grease and replacing it with water. I know it's very tempting to just hit the thing with a high pressure stream and get the job done in a hurry, just need to be careful.

BZB123
05-07-2015, 07:01 AM
I use a Home Depot Husky brand after every ride to blow off the dust, etc. No problems so far. Don't get to close and you'll be fine to clean with a light duty pressure washer .

BZB123
05-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah, make sure you dont get daydreaming about your next ride whin washing and accidently sqirt water into your cvt inlet....damit!

Fuzzy
05-08-2015, 07:36 AM
I use a low pressure washer and stay away from electronics .

TruckinRZR
05-08-2015, 08:16 AM
I use a low pressure washer and stay away from electronics .

X2
Pressure washing is fine as long as you use your head, if it looks like it's supposed to keep water out and grease in. . Use a cleaning agent on that area and stay about 8 " away with a low pressure washer and you'll be fine.

Beach Leo
05-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't think I ever washed mine

To me its like what for?

Unless of course you have a "Trailer Queen"

johnnycat8
05-08-2015, 05:07 PM
X2
Pressure washing is fine as long as you use your head, if it looks like it's supposed to keep water out and grease in. . Use a cleaning agent on that area and stay about 8 " away with a low pressure washer and you'll be fine.

yes stay away form clutch inlet and outlets....also stay away from trans and eng seals, wheel bearings, bushings and c/v boots the high pressure gets past them easy another good thing to do after is to grease all fittings it helps push any water back out. simple green works good use a wide fan on areas not the pinpoint spray also good to let it run the heat helps evaporate water too

johnnycat8
05-08-2015, 05:09 PM
i wish forums had a like button like facebook...lol

DLFoust
05-09-2015, 07:01 AM
I have a little electric washer but just use it to knock the large stuff off .

Askani
05-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Me and my friends pressure wash occasinly when needed, otherwise hose it off is good for me.

Sweet34
05-10-2015, 06:05 PM
I think a pressure washer is fine as long as you don't get carried away .

AlfaBaz
05-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Tim's car always looks brand new, and he told me the secret is:

1. Pressure wash to get all the big stuff off.
2. Spray[U]everything[U] with a 50:50 mix of Armorall and water.
3. Let sit for 2-3 hours.
4. Pressure wash again.

TruckinRZR
05-10-2015, 06:22 PM
I think a pressure washer is fine as long as you don't get carried away .

I'm going to get a electric pressure washer this time I'm home from harbor freight. for washing off dust amd getting sand out of everything normal hose water can't get.

TruckinRZR
05-10-2015, 06:25 PM
yes stay away form clutch inlet and outlets....also stay away from trans and eng seals, wheel bearings, bushings and c/v boots the high pressure gets past them easy another good thing to do after is to grease all fittings it helps push any water back out. simple green works good use a wide fan on areas not the pinpoint spray also good to let it run the heat helps evaporate water too

Got a leaf blower for drying :)

Lennart
05-11-2015, 06:37 AM

Good information .

5150George
05-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Here is the best about a small pressure washer. I live in So CAL and we are clamping down on water usage. When I pressure wash my Rzr the water does not make it to the sidewalk. The volume is so low and the pressure so efficient that you can do the job and even the green weenies will not complain

TruckinRZR
05-11-2015, 09:11 AM
If anyone is interested the electric pressure washer is on sale at harbor freight for $79 until 5/31

Flying Dog
05-11-2015, 07:36 PM
I have a cheap one from home depot and it works great .