PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, OR... first trip...

Bordercreek
07-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Rick n Stacey here... Heading to Charleston, OR, on 8/28 for a week. Wife rented a house somewhere on the bay. First time trip to OR dunes. Looking for some local advice/input on where to ride, how best to gain access to the best riding areas etc... met some of y'all at sand mountain last year. Great time. Excited to ride in your neck of the woods so to speak... thanks..

Sandfreak
07-28-2017, 02:46 PM
If you're going to be up here for a week I would try to hit North Bend, Winchester and the Florence dunes. Don't waste your time going up to Sand Lake. Winchester has the biggest dunes but the smallest area and no ohv beach access. North Bend has the most area plus miles of open beach riding. It has three sections that are connected and all three offer camping and day use. Horse fall, Hauser and Spinreel.

The Rattler (BLR)
07-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Hi Rick & Stacy.. we are one of the couples you meet at SM.. hopefully you will join us again this year.
I second what Sand Freak said.. even though we live in Florence we like the south dunes better.. I would say day use at Bull Run.. as soon as you cross the bridge headed north take a left at Horsfall RD and then a right to Horsfall campground go pass the CG and go down to Bull Run day use.. that way you can access the beach and the dunes

Sent from BLR Logistics

Bordercreek
07-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the input.. looking forward to the trip... and yes you will see us at SM this year as well... :)

The Rattler (BLR)
07-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the input.. looking forward to the trip... and yes you will see us at SM this year as well... :)
That's great to hear

Sent from BLR Logistics