PDA

View Full Version : Keeping dust of the inside and outside of the windshield

582RDB
05-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Accidentally discovered how to keep my full front windshield 100 percent free of dust. I use "Meguiar's" Mirror Glaze #34 called 'Professional Final Inspection' on all my plastic surfaces for a really durable shine, also helps alot of dirt from sticking. I decided to try it on my windshield cause dust was a problem on inside and outside. After applying a liberal amount, letting dry for a minute or two, then buffing with a clean rag (I use a tee shirt) I haven't had a speck of dust cling to my windshield since. This spring in northern MI is very very dry so very dusty. Accidental discover was great!! PS I got the Meguiar's at autozone in a 16oz spray bottle for 7.99.

EPL
05-03-2015, 08:52 PM
I don't like my windshields because of the dust , I'm going to have to try this.

Scoundrel
05-03-2015, 10:15 PM
I wonder if Rain-X would do the same thing.

johnnycat8
05-03-2015, 10:21 PM
rain x isnt compatible with most plastics

Scoundrel
05-03-2015, 10:27 PM
rain x isnt compatible with most plastics

Ah, good thing I didn't try it yet then.
Just ordered a bottle of this stuff. It's a cheap experiment, and even if it doesn't work out, I can still make some crap shiny with it. :)

johnnycat8
05-03-2015, 11:02 PM
they do make one for plastic it works soso the wax sounds better. they say a back window helps a lot and sealing under the seats helps a lot some have made some blanket type thing to use and sealing the fenderwells and dash

Scoundrel
05-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Most of the time I'm in front, and don't have much of an issue with dust. It doesn't seem to come up under the seat much. It collects on the rear window mostly, which doesn't bother me much as I use the side mirrors more.
But I do have an issue with the stuff collecting on the instrument cluster, the GPS screen, the inside and outside of the windshield, etc when I am not in front and have to put up with some dust.
If this stuff helps keep the dust from sticking to those surfaces, that's good enough for me.

Lennart
05-04-2015, 08:16 AM
do you have a plastic or a glass windshield?

Scoundrel
05-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Plastic. It's the Polaris flip-up.
I also have an EMP windshield on my ACE.

Furkay
05-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Any one else try this yet ?

BZB123
05-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Sounds like its worth trying.

LBR
05-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I like to remove our plastic half shields altogether because if it is dusty, then it is warm enough out to leave the shields in the trailer. if it is cold, rainy, or in the sand then we run the shields.

Beach Leo
05-07-2015, 09:10 PM
I use that mothers plastic, vinyl cleaner stuff on my front and rear wind-shield works ok

I will have to try some of this stuff

Thanks for the info

Fuzzy
05-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Accidentally discovered how to keep my full front windshield 100 percent free of dust. I use "Meguiar's" Mirror Glaze #34 called 'Professional Final Inspection' on all my plastic surfaces for a really durable shine, also helps alot of dirt from sticking. I decided to try it on my windshield cause dust was a problem on inside and outside. After applying a liberal amount, letting dry for a minute or two, then buffing with a clean rag (I use a tee shirt) I haven't had a speck of dust cling to my windshield since. This spring in northern MI is very very dry so very dusty. Accidental discover was great!! PS I got the Meguiar's at autozone in a 16oz spray bottle for 7.99.

I tried it and it seem to work fairly good.

G Billy
06-27-2015, 12:41 AM
I like the me quirks idea..my other issue is haw can we keep the dust from coming through three floor? Any ideas?

TruckinRZR
06-29-2015, 03:29 PM
I like the me quirks idea..my other issue is haw can we keep the dust from coming through three floor? Any ideas?
It's painstaking Rick. . But take a super bright light and stick it under the machine and go inside and look for the light. If you see it,shove something like foam or cloth in the hole. Or use an old blanket and cut holes in it just big enough to put the seats back in.

Sent from me

TruckinRZR
06-29-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm going to have to be doing this for my Idaho trips. If I come up with something awesome I'll post it up.

Sent from me

G Billy
06-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Thanks it's worth some thought..At would I have two detail company s come out..Imma quiz these dudes for samples of there best products. ..keep u posted lil brother...PM me your contact info please or call 530 3559171 thanks

AZSteele
12-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Great information. I've used Lemon Pledge on the windshields of my Harley baggers for years. Never had a dust issue with the Harley's but using Lemon Pledge made the bugs really easy to get off the plastic windshield without scratching.
Flying around the desert out here definitely stirs up some dust, especially if you get stuck behind somebody.
I've used Mequiar's products most of my life. Don't have any #34 on hand but I'm going to run into town tonight and pickup a bottle.
Thanks for the tip. Does it work as well on the plastic body / dash parts ?
I've been using Black Magic's Multi-Surface detailer, zero dust adhesion.