PDA

View Full Version : Tying down you utv.

Birdman
04-28-2015, 09:24 PM
toy hauler had plenty of room on each side so I tied the my utv down and if it moved slightly (never more than a few inches) I didn't worry to much. I am picking up a new toy hauler and it has a slide so I want to make sure the Rhino doesn't move at all. When everything is in I don't want it sliding into the slide out and am looking for suggestions. Anybody on here have this situation, even if you don't how are you guys tying these down so that they don't move at all? I've never had a major problem with moving just seeing if there are any tips I might not be aware of.

Birdman
05-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Knockknockknock. Is this thing on? Hello?? lol. Bump to the highest bidder!

Mike621
05-15-2015, 05:11 PM
I don't know if it's good or bad, but I use my winch to suck the front down, then use straps on back, it never moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdman
05-15-2015, 05:36 PM
That could work for me. The tie downs are not in best of spots for me.

Ed Harvey
05-16-2015, 10:12 AM
I use tire tie downs on my flatbed put some d-rings on the deck and I got tie downs at harbor freight they are a little big but they work good on my xp1k .I was having trouble with the straps coming loose when you hit a bump so I went to tire tie downs works good the body can move and nothing comes loose.

TruckinRZR
05-17-2015, 03:08 PM
I don't know if it's good or bad, but I use my winch to suck the front down, then use straps on back, it never moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not a good idea leaving your winch partially engaged, every bump you hit is putting stress on your winch drum and motor. Over time it will cause damage. I suggest using tie downs.

Sent from me

TruckinRZR
05-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Inside my toy hauler I use two cam lock tie down one pulling left but hooked to the ride side of the machine and one pulling right and hooked to the left, this in theory should keep it from sliding left or right and hooked to the rear suspension. I use one ratchet tie down in the front and ratchet until the cam locks are pretty tight. I've never had a machine come loose or slide. Works good!

Sent from me

Dude
05-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Im from Simpletown, Tx. Lol. When I tow on my open trailer, it has 1 foot high rails on the sides and front so have several places to tie to.

Ruckzuck
05-20-2015, 08:19 AM
I tried to use my winch one time and when I go to where I was going the rope on the winch had pulled tight inside and it was loose. I just have good hold down anchors a good straps. I have had to many cheap ones snap .

Ed Harvey
06-08-2015, 10:58 AM
In my enclosed car trailer I cross tie it I put my front hooks down by the tires on the A arms and the rear is hooked to the trailing arms that way your pulling down on the tires not the body.

Beer Mod
06-09-2015, 12:01 PM
In my enclosed car trailer I cross tie it I put my front hooks down by the tires on the A arms and the rear is hooked to the trailing arms that way your pulling down on the tires not the body.

Bingo! Same here

Ed Harvey
06-09-2015, 12:07 PM
That's the best way I found to hold it down and not move or come unhooked.

Beer Mod
06-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Plus a lot of ppl don't realize that you need to pull on the links not the chassis.