PDA

View Full Version : Rugged Radio help!

Jeepalive
03-26-2017, 11:31 AM
I have the 60w with 660 intercom and I can hear people clear as day but they can't hear me, with PTT or the mic, does anyone know something to look for? It worked great for a few months but now doesn't, I have the antenna mounted on Polaris aluminum roof ran along the cage to the dash where it's plugged into the 60w, not cooled up anywhere ... any help is very appreciated! Thank you

LBR
03-26-2017, 04:33 PM
A couple guys here have had to repair their PTT button by disassembling and resoldering the wires that got pulled loose.

The other thing is to make sure your helmet cord to harness connection is pushed together all the way...

Jeepalive
03-26-2017, 05:08 PM
A couple guys here have had to repair their PTT button by disassembling and resoldering the wires that got pulled loose.

The other thing is to make sure your helmet cord to harness connection is pushed together all the way...

Even with my mic connected to the radio it still doesn't work, I can hear fine from other radios but they can't hear me, doesn't matter if I use my mic, headset or helmet kit, it's showing that it is transmitting but they can't hear anything

EPL
03-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Even with my mic connected to the radio it still doesn't work, I can hear fine from other radios but they can't hear me, doesn't matter if I use my mic, headset or helmet kit, it's showing that it is transmitting but they can't hear anything

We had a issue a couple of weeks ago with my wife's side that she could hear everything but no one could hear her !! I unpluged everything and replugged them in and it worked fine !!

crazywatson
03-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Has to be a cable connection or bad cable. Do you have another radio to test with? I've seen rugged trouble shot this problem in my car 1 time. It was a soldered wire in the plug broken. He used and handheld to test it with and kept saying check while shaking the cables until he narrowed it down. Then took the connector apart and soldered it back together. They fixed it for free.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jeepalive
03-31-2017, 06:12 AM
I just shipped it back to them yesterday hopefully get it back next week, I took it out of my rzr and put it in my dads and it did the same thing so my guess is it's the radio because his is working fine

LBR
03-31-2017, 07:39 AM
I just shipped it back to them yesterday hopefully get it back next week, I took it out of my rzr and put it in my dads and it did the same thing so my guess is it's the radio because his is working fine
Sounds like you narrowed it down right there...good job!

Rugged Radios
03-31-2017, 08:41 AM
Dang I'm a bit late here. Sorry about that! You have it on it's way back to us so we'll definitely figure out what is going on and get it right back to you. Not sure why I didn't get a notification of this thread until just now, but if you ever need any help with stuff like this, you're always welcome to shoot me a PM as well. I've just made sure I have my subscription settings set properly so I shouldn't miss threads like. Oh, and if you PM me your tracking number, I'll track it here to the office and as soon as I see it's been delivered, I'll go to the back and push it through tech faster for ya.

Jeepalive
04-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Great company! Just got the call I'll be getting a new radio sent out should be here in a day or two! Thank you rugged Radio for standing behind your stuff and helping your customers!