PDA

View Full Version : Lake Oroville evacuees

drtfun
02-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Any members affected by the evacuations I have enough room for three RV's and 5 acres for any live stock
Call Barb or Terry 707 317 0266 call at anytime day or night

Mike621
02-12-2017, 09:42 PM
That's really cool Terry, I think , and hope the threat is over now. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
02-12-2017, 09:52 PM
Any members affected by the evacuations I have enough room for three RV's and 5 acres for any live stock

Well done, Terry! My daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids live in Sheridan. They are about 4 miles from the evacuation zone! It looks like they will be fine.

drtfun
02-13-2017, 04:51 AM
I hope everything turns out well but if not don't hesitate give us a call

The Rattler (BLR)
02-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Hopefully everyone comes unscathed from this.. Preventive maintenance is a necessity

Mike621
02-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Hopefully everyone comes unscathed from this.. Preventive maintenance is a necessity

LOL Bard, that spillway probably hasn't been used in at least 3-4 years.

The Rattler (BLR)
02-13-2017, 12:57 PM
From what Tracy & Tony posted on FB.. the government knew of these issues 12 years ago.. that's why my comments about Maintenance.
It's probably been 6 years since it's been close to full?

AlfaBaz
02-13-2017, 02:41 PM
From what Tracy & Tony posted on FB.. the government knew of these issues 12 years ago.. that's why my comments about Maintenance.
It's probably been 6 years since it's been close to full?

The spillway that was threatened with imminent failure had NEVER been used in the 48 years the dam has been there. The one that probably should have been better maintained hasn't been used in a number of years. However, we shouldn't be playing Monday morning quarterback, either! If the state would have spent the estimated $100 million back in '05, I guarantee the public in general would have been screaming about the amount of money the state was spending just to pacify the Sierra Club and other tree huggers! DWR absolutely cannot win. Someone (environmentalists, or farmers, or fishermen, or recreational boaters) will ALWAYS have totally different priorities.

The Rattler (BLR)
02-13-2017, 02:48 PM
The spillway that was threatened with imminent failure had NEVER been used in the 48 years the dam has been there. The one that probably should have been better maintained hasn't been used in a number of years. However, we shouldn't be playing Monday morning quarterback, either! If the state would have spent the estimated $100 million back in '05, I guarantee the public in general would have been screaming about the amount of money the state was spending just to pacify the Sierra Club and other tree huggers! DWR absolutely cannot win. Someone (environmentalists, or farmers, or fishermen, or recreational boaters) will ALWAYS have totally different priorities.
Dams will always be on the Sierra Clubs and other environmental groups as a focus..

lainracing
02-13-2017, 04:57 PM
[emoji106]

Bedo
02-13-2017, 05:16 PM

So true there damed if they do and damed if they don't .

TOD
02-18-2017, 06:46 AM

That is great of you!

We were part of the evacuations. We are home now, hoping that these next storms don't bring another evacuation. I think it's going to be a long spring...