PDA

View Full Version : Belts

Ed Harvey
01-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Anyone run GATES belts?
Are they any good ?
Or what is the best replacement belt for the new turbo?
need some feedback to set up a friends new turbo with the best belt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

gridman
01-25-2017, 06:08 AM
I'm not a expert on this but I do know most all the builders only run stock you have to pay to play lol, now let the BS begin

EPL
01-25-2017, 06:49 AM
I'm not a expert on this but I do know most all the builders only run stock you have to pay to play lol, now let the BS begin

BS BS BS !! LOL

From what I have been told the Factory Polairis is suppost to be the best , I haven't had to change one yet but that is what I have for a spare !!

Jeepalive
01-25-2017, 07:12 AM
I am running a gates on my xp4 and so far it's holding good, have about 300 miles on it, stock was good for 700.

EPL
01-25-2017, 07:20 AM
I guess my wife and I are just easy on belts (I drive most of the time) but out of the 6 SXS's I have or had never had to change a belt !! 1st Rhino appx 2,000 miles 2nd Rhino 9,000 + miles Polaris 800s 4,800 miles XP 900 6,400 miles XP 1000 3,900 miles so far and the XPT 1,400 miles so far !! It's funny I ride more miles in one weekend of riding then some people get on a belt ??

Pipelayer
01-25-2017, 07:35 AM
I run gates belts and I believe they last just as long as Polaris belts for less than half the price. If you buy them from Orielly auto parts, they are guaranteed for one year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
01-25-2017, 07:44 AM
I ran Gates belts on my 800S and on my 900XP, and never had to change one. I am hoping that any day now, someone will say there is a Gates belt that will work on my General (Polaris has different part number for the General belt).

Turbo Tristan
01-25-2017, 08:20 AM
I have the new 17 turbo that ed is talking about and I have read that the belt is wider than the 16s. Are there any gates belts that will work on the new turbo?

Ed Harvey
01-25-2017, 08:50 AM
There you go Tristan all you need to do is ask.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Mike621
01-25-2017, 11:55 AM
On my RZR's I ran Gate belts with no problems, still on the stock belt on my Mav, but have a gates as a back up, I hear all the time to run the stock belts, but I have 1000 miles on the Mav, going to put the gates on and have stock one as back up.

OFDPOS
02-10-2017, 02:43 PM
I run gates belts and I believe they last just as long as Polaris belts for less than half the price. If you buy them from Orielly auto parts, they are guaranteed for one year.

You must have a friend that works there or ?

Their warranty :
What Does This Warranty Not Cover?

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND TO PRODUCT THAT FAILS DUE TO (i) ACCIDENT OR COLLISION; (ii) IMPROPER USE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE OR SERVICE; (iii) COMBINATION OF THE PRODUCT WITH OTHER THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT(S) WHICH FAIL; (iv) ABUSE, MISUSE, MODIFICATION, OR NEGLECT; (v) FAILURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS; (vi) AN ACT OF GOD (SUCH AS A FLOOD, CHEMICAL FALLOUT, SALT, HAIL OR OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS INCLUDING NATURAL DISASTERS); (vii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES; OR (viii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR MARINE PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR MARINE USE.

I was in the local Oriely here and mentioned about the Gates belt for our rzr's , first thing he said they will not honor the warranty on the belts...

Saying that , their online price for the belt is $114.99 You can get it from Hunterworks for $89 ? or $85 each if you buy two or more no shipping.

AlfaBaz
02-10-2017, 04:13 PM

Their warranty :

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND TO PRODUCT THAT FAILS DUE TO (i) ACCIDENT OR COLLISION; (ii) IMPROPER USE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE OR SERVICE; (iii) COMBINATION OF THE PRODUCT WITH OTHER THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT(S) WHICH FAIL; (iv) ABUSE, MISUSE, MODIFICATION, OR NEGLECT; (v) FAILURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS; (vi) AN ACT OF GOD (SUCH AS A FLOOD, CHEMICAL FALLOUT, SALT, HAIL OR OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS INCLUDING NATURAL DISASTERS); (vii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR POWERSPORTS, OFF-ROAD, OR RACING PURPOSES; OR (viii) INSTALLATION OR USE ON VEHICLES USED FOR MARINE PURPOSES WHERE SUCH PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR MARINE USE.

I was in the local Oriely here and mentioned about the Gates belt for our rzr's , first thing he said they will not honor the warranty on the belts...

Saying that , their online price for the belt is $114.99 You can get it from Hunterworks for $89 ? or $85 each if you buy two or more no shipping.

But it makes no sense. The rest of the capitalized sentence talks about when the product is not intended for the off-road use. Clearly, a belt for a RZR, Maverick, General, and so on, is INTENDED for off-road use.

Pipelayer
02-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Their warranty :

So don't buy one

66Elco
04-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Ive been running the Gates Carbon belt with no issues. Stocker has a few burn marks from the wife doing low speed crawling in high gear which caused a "chatter". Saved stocker as backup and have at least 600 miles on the gates

goldbrick
04-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Have 900 miles on my Gates Carbon Belt.