PDA

View Full Version : Painting plaistic

Hphunk
04-24-2015, 08:05 AM
Anyone ever taken a colored hood and paint it a different color ? Will the paint stay on or is there procedure that has to be taken for it to work ? I was thinking maybe using Krylon paint it is made for painting plastic. Any thoughts or comments.

Fuzzy
04-24-2015, 02:05 PM
unless you know how to paint plastic properly, dont do it. i tried it and the paint chipped. i said f it, i took to eatrl schieb, 230 and they did a good job, not the best. they didnt clear coat it, which i thnk they should of. i dune ride all the time and the paint has not scrapped off... till i did some trail riding. only time it chipped was when was bombared by rocks, and only got 3 chips, but from the there the pant came off.

EPL
04-24-2015, 02:47 PM
I had a body shop for a long time never found anything that works good if it is going to get flexed much.

johnnycat8
04-24-2015, 04:35 PM
seems few have had good luck most dont i did a old quad and it held up great then tried another one and gave up paint wouldnt flow good at all.

582RDB
04-26-2015, 05:49 PM
I had my plastics painted one time and will never do it again . If you do anything but play in the sand it doesn't hold up to flexing if you rub against anything .

Furkay
04-28-2015, 07:46 PM
I tried it once and didn't work out well .

Jolly John
05-05-2015, 04:45 PM
I have asked around about getting mine painted and was told by many that it wasn't going to hold up out on the trails.

Yellow Toy
05-06-2015, 06:30 PM
I had mine painted and so far it is doing ok . I haven't had it out on the trails yet .

Ruckzuck
05-15-2015, 06:08 AM
I have seen many people that had there plastic painted and it looked great but they only went in the sand.

LBR
05-15-2015, 08:06 AM
I've seen several guys color and black out their machines by painting the plastics with bedliner. When it gets scraped off, they just touch it up.

Maverick4me
01-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Anyone ever taken a colored hood and paint it a different color ? Will the paint stay on or is there procedure that has to be taken for it to work ? I was thinking maybe using Krylon paint it is made for painting plastic. Any thoughts or comments.
The key is preparation. Also having a flex additive in your paint. Here are a couple helpful links:

http://www.urethanesupply.com/atvpainting.php

http://www.wmbarr.com/bulldog/bulldog_proj_2.aspx