PDA

View Full Version : How to load RZR in toyhauler

Wrdwzrd
04-23-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm going to attempt to load my RZR into my Toy hauler. it is a 30' bumper pull .

Do I HAVE to have my toy hauler hooked up to my truck, to keep the front of it from flopping into the air when I drive the rzr up the ramp ?

Scoundrel
04-23-2015, 11:37 AM
I load my RZR into my 28' bumper-pull hauler without it being hooked to the truck all the time.
Your RZR weighs about 1000 lbs, more or less. Your toy hauler probably weighs at least 8000 lbs.
You have two axles, and they're right under the garage, right? It's a matter of leverage.
I seriously doubt your TH will even twitch when you drive the RZR up the ramp.

All the same, make sure your wheel chocks are firmly in place.

Todd Johnson
04-23-2015, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't think you should have any problem's with the front coming up . But as Scoundrel said make sure the wheels are chocked.

johnnycat8
04-23-2015, 04:28 PM
to be safe lower the rear stabilizers that will stop it

EPL
04-24-2015, 07:36 AM
I wouldn't think the RZR would be heavier then the front part of the trailer , you should have no problems. The other answers like stabilizers and chock are also all good things to do.

Hphunk
04-24-2015, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't think the RZR would be heavier then the front part of the trailer , you should have no problems. The other answers like stabilizers and chock are also all good things to do.

.X2

Brad777
04-24-2015, 08:56 PM
It can certainly be done safely...all the previous comments are very valid. Wheel chocks are a must as you definitely don't want the trailer to roll...may bend the front jack, scissor jacks, etc.

Kart3d
04-25-2015, 07:24 AM
I always hook my trailer up first . I just keep having a vision that if it wasn't I would be half way in the trailer and it would be rolling down the street .

Scoundrel
04-25-2015, 07:55 AM
I always hook my trailer up first . I just keep having a vision that if it wasn't I would be half way in the trailer and it would be rolling down the street .

Not with a 30-footer. With a super small, very lightweight unit I could see that happening.

mandbklingler
05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
So we had a 28 foot bumper pull desert fox. I loaded it unhitched once with our 800 RZR, 2 quads, and the associated stuff for a trip. No problems loading.

BUT - the next day I backed up to hitch and when I started to lower the jack the trailer shifted and rolled right off the wood block I use under the jack. Mind you, I had the wheels well chocked and it was a very level surface. Needless to say - I never load or unload unless I'm hitched.

The Rattler (BLR)
05-14-2015, 08:05 AM
Normally even with our triple axel trailer we try and always try to load and unload hooked up

TruckinRZR
05-14-2015, 06:47 PM
My toy hauler is rather unique, I think I can drive tank into mine and not have it lift. But I do worry about it slipping of the blocks I use for the tongue Jack, even moving an inch or two could spell disaster. so I'm always hooked up when I load and unload