PDA

View Full Version : Transmission blow up

xp4nine
09-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Hey guys new member here. Wanted to hopefully get some suggestions on what I should do. 2014 xp 900 4 seater. I bought it used and went for a 400 mile hard ride in the UP Michigan and 250 miles in, blew several bearings out the tranny. Nasty stuff. Gears, case etc... All phuked
Couple questions:
1. Is purchasing a "good used take out" and sending it away to get the "better bearings" a good option?
2. Thinking about sending it to Alba Racing if I go this route.What do you guys think? Seems expensive.
http://teamalbaracing.com/i-23157099-rzr-900-1000-hd-transmission-upgrade.html
3. When I factor in the cost of the used trans and the upgrade I am close to a price of a new one. But again with "bad" bearings is it worth it.

Thanks in advance fellas I appreciatte any input.

Pipelayer
09-02-2016, 09:33 PM
What area do you live in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xp4nine
09-03-2016, 05:48 AM
SW Michigan. I can ship a used tranny from ebay anywhere basically. Not sure if that helps my situation.

Pipelayer
09-03-2016, 05:50 AM
Controlled force on this site does tranny bearing upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Controlled Force
09-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Buying a used one is a tough call because you don't know what it has gone through... chances are it's going to be a good transmission but at least if you buy a new one to start with you know it has 0 miles on it...

Same exact thing happened to a guy that lives here in my town, he ended up buying a new one I split the case install the bearings and now he's going to go..

He was contemplating buying a used to it but decided he didn't want to take the risk.

unless you know the car it came out of and have some history there is a risk.

RSR Performance