PDA

View Full Version : Sand Mountain 9/2-9/5

Jeepalive
08-31-2016, 08:49 AM
Anyone going to be out at sand mountain this weekend?

nvracer
08-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Weather will be nice upper 70's low 80's. Unfortunately have family in town for holiday. Have fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OFDPOS
08-31-2016, 10:45 AM
Will be getting in late Friday night , depending traffic.

Jeepalive
09-02-2016, 03:09 PM
All setup for the weekend! Got the AC blasting!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160902/7edeaec8d4dc4d523c57b9a668d4c25a.jpg

Mike621
09-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Looks like you got the place to yourself. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepalive
09-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Looks like you got the place to yourself. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it's kind of busy, nothing like Halloween
I'm just parked out by the dunes, I don't like being right on top of other camps

OFDPOS
09-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Doh , we rode right past you , passenger noticed the fence/cage for the dog(s).
Was it you or ? with the RC car , we saw someone jumping it over a small dune , then chasing a rzr back towards camp ?

Got in around 9:30 pm Friday night , from the road looked like a $hit of people the place was lit up pretty good.
We parked pretty close to the first bathrooms.
A group next to us had two 4 seaters and one 2 seater that had paddle tires on and since I've been on the fence-post on buying some , I went over and asked them about how they liked them etc.
They were taking the paddles off and putting the stock tires back on to go trail riding .
Without a beat one guy said get your rzr over here and he'd put his paddles on mine , so I took him up on his offer.
29 inch 12 paddle sand blasters on lightweight beedlock wheels and the same with 3 rib fronts.
Took it out for a spin and thought wow.

Then our friends that were with us , he jumped in and we took off went over to the front where everybody goes up and sits to look down at camp.
Started back a bit hit the bottom doing 45mph ended up at the top 32mph and smelled the belt.
Came back down put it in 4x4 samething hit the hill 45 and ended up at the top maybe 32-33 mph but didn't smell belt..

Went on around the back and did some hills and zipping around abit .
Even took the wife up the front face , coming down the rzr kinda did a side to side motion she started screaming so I let off the gas and it kinda went into a freewheel spin and I heard a not so good noise.

Got back to camp put my stock tires back on , did the same run up the front as we did with paddles 45 bottom 30 at top 2 wheel smelled belt samething in 4x4 no belt smell...

After awhile sitting at camp decided to pull the cover off the belt and inspect it, sure enough the belt had slapped against the cover ? and took off about 6-7 inches of the top section of the belt just about down to the line where it looks like where they laminated the belt together. This is the Gates belt I bought from Hunterworks.
So I put the stock belt back on ( the same one when I first started hearing a whine noise and took it to the dealer and they said I burn't the belt)

So saying all that I don't think I'm on the fence for sand tires anymore, I just can't justify buying them after running them for a few hours Sat.

Overall had a great time, met some great people , heard someone got hurt but never heard how bad or ?? otherwise.

The fireworks were pretty good up till about midnight each night, heck we were even one of the ones that had the big motors shooting them off , but got rather irritating after that think the last one went off about 3am.
The booms kept setting some guys truck alarm off , so he just let it go off for awhile too I guess ? get even with whoever was shooting the fireworks off so late ? Which in turn just made that much more irritating for everybody else.. lol ..

Overall wasn't as many people there as I expected there would be, they were just spread out more. But like anywhere there was the friggen idiots too !