PDA

View Full Version : Help

Jeepalive
08-18-2016, 06:03 PM
So changing my front diff fluid and it looks like the shop it was at that fixed everything when I rolled jacked up my fill plug and I didn't check it before I emptied it, how would I go about getting it out?? Any help would be awesome thanks
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/b9ca74dc5c53177db089721e033d942a.jpg

norcalrob
08-18-2016, 07:02 PM
thats really f'ed up, i wonder if they were even able to get it off?
could try tack welding a nut to it, just dont roast it till u get it out and the gasket off
or a hammer and chisel, gently

Mike621
08-18-2016, 07:14 PM
I would say easy out, but probably hard to get to, that's one thing about MC shops, seems like they have one certified mechanic, and a few younger guys just learning.
Maybe a small vise grip , maybe you can take the skid plate off for better access and use and easy out. Good luck, hope you have a new plug and crush washer.

Can-Am XDS 1000 Turbo.

Pipelayer
08-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Cut off wheel on a 4" grinder, cut slot for a large screwdriver. If that doesn't work, use that slot as a chisel point to gently tap it out, as Mike suggested, then get a new plug. Step 2, don't ever take your car back to the idiot that did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyCooter
08-18-2016, 08:29 PM
I always smack it with a brass punch before trying to remove it. That will usually crush the copper/aluminum washer and loosen it up. If you still can't get it, both of the suggestion above I have used in addition to.

Jeepalive
08-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Finally got it, had to hammer an something in to make it right and then I was able to get it, hopefully the shop has one in stock tomorrow.
If for some reason it does have to go back in I'm going to tell them that guy is not to touch it again! When it went in for the recall he had to take the bumper off well when I got it back there were 3 out of 4 bolts were different size and some were star and some where hex with nuts....how do you mess up a BRAND NEW 20k rzr and just think it's fine???

Mike621
08-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Yeah they don't care, time is money at the dealer, to me there all this way, unless you have a very good relationship with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazywatson
08-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Looks like they used the wrong size. Either chisel and hammer or a easy out would be what I'd problem use. You might need to trim the tip off a little with a grinder to make it fit tight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ajb9
08-19-2016, 08:19 PM
I bought a used commander with this issue on the diff... I could not get a straight shot with a drill but was able to clean out the hole.. Found a metric Allen socket that was slightly oversized and filed each side of the hex to taper it to where it will start in the hole. Then tapped it in tight with a hammer and used a hand impact driver and smacked the end of it and it came right out..
If you don't have a impact driver get a ratchet on a extension as you put a little turn psi on it start tapping on the back side of the ratchet at the same time... Maybe don't use your good snap-on to do this trick but it works!
The key item is to Find an Allen 3/8 drive socket or a star socket that's a little tight for the hole and drive it in and make sure it's in as deep and tight as you can get it.