PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers

Jeepalive
08-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Looking for some wheel spacers for an xp 1000, what size is good? I'll only having them on for rock crawling I think, would like to get some before the rubicon this weekend

neil11975
08-17-2016, 09:02 PM
I had 2" spacers on mine before I bought my new wheels and tires. They were great. You might actually want to just keep them on all the time. I noticed a huge difference in the dunes when trying to turn back up a hill. Before the spacers, I had to almost stop to keep from tipping it over and lost all my momentum. After the spacers I could keep my speed up a lot more.

Jeepalive
08-17-2016, 09:14 PM
I had 2" spacers on mine before I bought my new wheels and tires. They were great. You might actually want to just keep them on all the time. I noticed a huge difference in the dunes when trying to turn back up a hill. Before the spacers, I had to almost stop to keep from tipping it over and lost all my momentum. After the spacers I could keep my speed up a lot more.

What's a good brand? I was reading reviews on some and the lugs break off or they just aren't good quality. I'd really like to get a set for this weekend and I found some on Amazon that could be here Friday, I just don't know who might have them in stock local

norcalrob
08-17-2016, 09:29 PM
dont know on which brands but try calling
harts utv in sacramento

neil11975
08-18-2016, 06:22 AM
I don't know about the brands either. I got mine from a friend when he upgraded to long travel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Desert900
08-22-2016, 09:13 PM
I bought SLP spacers. Machined a bit more for lightness than the cheaper brands. High quality spacers. Follow the instructions on use of Locktite and torquing.