PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Dam ohv

lainracing
07-24-2016, 11:45 AM
For those of us that ride Shasta chappi . Just so everyone knows their are mandatory searches on every vehicle that comes across the dam. These are not random searches you get search going a crossed and coming back the other way you have to have your drivers license out and they make you lift your hood and open all the doors you cannot be on your cell phone while you were doing it. The three guys that I dealt with were pretty cool about everything the way I see it is or just trying to do their job whether we like it or not The main reason they're doing this is because of all the police officers that have been being shot lately so they're just trying to protect everyone and themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Leo
07-24-2016, 05:13 PM
Seems every-where nowa days<< There is police to search you and your property>>>Yep thats to bad>>>

But its for your own safety they say?

Go to the courts they search you before you can enter

The tellers at the banks are behind bullet proof glass

Cant get on an airplane with out a search and scan

The liberty's we have lost in the last 30-40 years is un-real

Our generation has failed

Seems that we are not addressing the real issues

Anyway as Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

The Rattler (BLR)
07-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Thanks Bob..

Desert900
07-25-2016, 09:02 AM
For those of us that ride Shasta chappi . Just so everyone knows their are mandatory searches on every vehicle that comes across the dam. These are not random searches you get search going a crossed and coming back the other way you have to have your drivers license out and they make you lift your hood and open all the doors you cannot be on your cell phone while you were doing it. The three guys that I dealt with were pretty cool about everything the way I see it is or just trying to do their job whether we like it or not The main reason they're doing this is because of all the police officers that have been being shot lately so they're just trying to protect everyone and themselves.

Well, if they supported your Second Amendment rights they wouldn't have to violate your Fourth Amendment rights or your pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Think I'll remain on this side of the border where the freedoms are still more prolific.

Mike621
07-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Haven't they always had checks , ever sense the dam closure of 2001?

lainracing
07-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Just random now everyone gets checked coming both ways