PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Yamaha 1000R SS .

Turbo S Rick
07-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Here is a look at Yamahas new "YXZ 1000R SS"

http://utvsportsmag.com/digital-magazine/vol3-issue7/index.html?page=42&utm_source=UTV+Sports+Vol3-Issue7+%233&utm_campaign=UTV+Vol3-Issue7+Email+3&utm_medium=email

Mike621
07-19-2016, 11:51 AM
I think the new paddle shift set-up is going to work better for most drivers, I know some do like the clutch. I don't know if they put lower gears in first and second, I saw video of the way the launch control works , that looks fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegas
07-19-2016, 02:16 PM
I'm first on the list of paid depositors here in vegas think its going to be fun. come on august

Sandfreak
07-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Was hoping Yamaha lowered the gear ratio a bit, but they didn't. Still too tall geared for the Rubicon. Guess you do the Tubeworks tranny option. Anyone know if Yamaha added some heat barrier to the 2017 in the tunnel? The YXZ I drove at the Idaho dunes was too hot.. Not quite as bad as my old XDS but darn near.
Patiently waiting for the Sand Show in September to choose my next sxs...

Sandfreak
07-21-2016, 06:44 PM
You YXZ guys know if Tubeworks does a lower 1st and 2nd gear or do you have to spend two grand on a complete low gear tranny kit?

Ripshift
08-04-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm first on the list of paid depositors here in vegas think its going to be fun. come on august

Have you got your new ride yet ? If so how do you like it ?

The Rattler (BLR)
08-04-2016, 04:48 PM
I think he already tore it down to do some modifications..

Sandfreak
08-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Got to drive one of the local dealers YXZ SS that they had and I was pretty impressed with it. First thing I would do is bypass the seat belt alarm as its loud as heck. I didn't try the launch feature since we were on the asphalt but did run it up to 4th gear on the paved road and shifting with the auto clutch was cool. Also if you cruise up to an intersection and don't down shift it automatically will down shift back to first gear for you.
I still think for my all around riding it still needs at least a lower first gear from Tubeworx and the the console needs to be insulated to block some of the tranny wine. The first to build a turbo kit is going to sale a bunch...

vegas
08-05-2016, 01:28 PM
other then a few pulls on pavement i haven't drove it. i believe in cages so its at Htown getting a cage and the start of a build up its going to the sand show next month so i won't drive it till after that. maybe a short dumont trip on the way back from the show but only if its under 100*

Sandiam
08-08-2016, 11:44 AM
I looked at one of the new "SS" today at the dealer . I like the paddle shifter but don't think it is going to solve all the problems people complain about .

Turtle Tim
08-11-2016, 09:42 PM
other then a few pulls on pavement i haven't drove it. i believe in cages so its at Htown getting a cage and the start of a build up its going to the sand show next month so i won't drive it till after that. maybe a short dumont trip on the way back from the show but only if its under 100*

Bring that thing up to St Anthony at the end of the month Steve and get it broke in right!

Ripshift
12-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Has anyone drove one with the paddle shifter ?

The Rattler (BLR)
12-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Vegas has one..hopefully he will pipe in on his ride

Mike621
12-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Has anyone drove one with the paddle shifter ?

I saw the review of the new Paddle shift Yamaha on Dirt Trax TV, they really liked it, it does the clutching for you, even half clutch when needed, sound like a better system for the trails. Looks fun. [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EPL
12-04-2016, 07:01 AM
I saw the review of the new Paddle shift Yamaha on Dirt Trax TV, they really liked it, it does the clutching for you, even half clutch when needed, sound like a better system for the trails. Looks fun. [emoji1417]

I was just talking to a friend Friday and he was telling me that they were a lot of fun to race around the dunes in but was going to purchase another RZR because he didn't feel that the Yamaha was good on the trails !!

Mike621
12-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Yeah for open areas it would be OK , but trail riding, going up stuff like trail 35 with a bunch of people in stop and go situations it would be a PITA.
IMO Yamaha has to have a full auto mode, and paddle shift mode, with a low range for crawling, Honda has this set up already, they just need to put it into a full sport UTV chassis with suspension to match what's out there, and of course it would have to have at least 130hp.

EPL
12-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Yeah for open areas it would be OK , but trail riding, going up stuff like trail 35 with a bunch of people in stop and go situations it would be a PITA.
IMO Yamaha has to have a full auto mode, and paddle shift mode, with a low range for crawling, Honda has this set up already, they just need to put it into a full sport UTV chassis with suspension to match what's out there, and of course it would have to have at least 130hp.

When we were at Sand mountain when were out on one of the ride some other people were on the same channel that we were and they giving someone in a Yamaha a hard time because they could get up some hills and trails that they were on !!