PDA

View Full Version : Best clutch fo XP1K

Ruckzuck
04-22-2015, 07:04 AM
I have been read many things about different clutch kit installs and how guys feel by the seat of their pants a difference. I’m not looking to hear who has the best kit out there just real before and after results they can tell me. Like if they raced a buddy with the same machine before and after and how much difference did it make. Anybody do an 1/8 mile before and after?

TruckinRZR
04-22-2015, 07:30 AM
I have been read many things about different clutch kit installs and how guys feel by the seat of their pants a difference. I’m not looking to hear who has the best kit out there just real before and after results they can tell me. Like if they raced a buddy with the same machine before and after and how much difference did it make. Anybody do an 1/8 mile before and after?
Seat of the pants, my Dirty Dog Performance was a huge difference. Rarely do we all line up and drag race.
I can tell you I'm right on the arse of non clutched xp1000's in the sand with just aired down big horns and they have sand tires. It grabs harder. Do I think it was worth the money. .. yes yes

DLFoust
04-22-2015, 02:50 PM
I installed the Dalton kit on mine. I noticed right away that it has a better more progressive pull, smoother engagement and less engine braking. It drives like it grips the belt better some how.

johnnycat8
04-22-2015, 03:39 PM
in reality all a clutch kit is .....springs....weights....some change just the primary otheirs also do secondary and helux so its realy not the brand name its what all was done and how its adjusted.....dalton,holtz,alba,dirtydawg all make good kits but the tuning is were its at.

her is a nice tuning tip chart.

adjustable clutch weight tuning tips.....0-28mph ish is the heel. 29-55ish is the middle, and 56-80ish is the toe. More weight is less rpm and less weight is more rpm. Add and subtract to hit 8200iah as quickly as possible. The quicker you get it there without hitting the limiter and hold it there... the faster you will accelerate.

Oufreud
04-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Nice tips johnnycat. I have the sparks stage 2 kit and love it!

Sweet34
04-25-2015, 05:53 PM
Is there really a good reason to do anything to the clutch.

johnnycat8
04-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Is there really a good reason to do anything to the clutch.

properly set up it helps acceleration, better up and down shifts it uses the hp you have better. and it keeps belt slip down so belt last longer. and if you change helux you can get rid of eng braking if you want or less breaking

ICBlue
04-27-2015, 06:32 PM
what would be the best one to use on a stock 1K . What would it do for me ?

johnnycat8
04-27-2015, 06:45 PM
what would be the best one to use on a stock 1K . What would it do for me ?

choice would be different if you asked 10 people.... their are two choices to make do you want a adjustable kit or non adjustable . then do you want less eng braking, no eng braking or same as stock. i like the dirty dawg kit dale will talk to you about you sxs and what you are looking for and give you choices and a good base to start with. the dalton is also good and for many a little easy to adjust. another thing to remember what works for one wont work for you their are many variables that matter... stock eng or modified....tire size.... and even the total weight of your sxs .....elevation...do you ride dirt...sand....rocks... it all matters

Scrat
04-28-2015, 08:48 AM
properly set up it helps acceleration, better up and down shifts it uses the hp you have better. and it keeps belt slip down so belt last longer. and if you change helux you can get rid of eng braking if you want or less breaking

Does this stand true on a 900S as well ?