PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Mike621
06-04-2016, 07:09 AM
So last weekend when we were riding up at Boca my driver side rear brake line came loose , and l lost a lot of brake fluid , so much that they wouldn't work until the petal was almost to the floor. We stopped and tighten it up, and made it back to the truck.
What looks like what happened was a rock got in between the rim and loosened the banjo bolt by hitting the braided stainless steal line, there's a big scratch on the inside of the rim right where it lined up.
At home I turned the lines so this hopefully won't happen again, and bled the system.
Good thing we weren't going down anything too bad.

Can-Am XDS 1000 Turbo.

LBR
06-04-2016, 07:55 AM
Once in a while a goofy thing like that happens ...glad you weren't going down Hanglider then. I've been doing countless hours of reaserching on toyhaulers....one site has thread on "Gremlin Bells" such as HD riders put on their bikes to chase the gremlins away. Thinking I'm going to equip everything I have with a bell.

EPL
06-04-2016, 09:07 AM
It sucks when your brakes go on vacation! !

crazywatson
06-04-2016, 10:31 AM
That's the scary thing about UTV'S no emergency brake.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

drtfun
06-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Once in a while a goofy thing like that happens ...glad you weren't going down Hanglider then. I've been doing countless hours of reaserching on toyhaulers....one site has thread on "Gremlin Bells" such as HD riders put on their bikes to chase the gremlins away. Thinking I'm going to equip everything I have with a bell.
I have the bell off my old Harley on mine sofar no issues

LBR
06-04-2016, 04:37 PM
I put cowbells on back our ATC70s and they both started leaking gas shortly after that....at least it was easier to pop wheelies with the bells on tho.

Mike621
06-04-2016, 08:47 PM

[emoji106] gotta get me one. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pipelayer
06-04-2016, 10:13 PM
So last weekend when we were riding up at Boca my driver side rear brake line came loose , and l lost a lot of brake fluid , so much that they wouldn't work until the petal was almost to the floor. We stopped and tighten it up, and made it back to the truck.
What looks like what happened was a rock got in between the rim and loosened the banjo bolt by hitting the braided stainless steal line, there's a big scratch on the inside of the rim right where it lined up.
At home I turned the lines so this hopefully won't happen again, and bled the system.
Good thing we weren't going down anything too bad.

Can-Am XDS 1000 Turbo.

Mike, glad all we had to do was tighten it up, it could have, just as easy, been broken.

Pipelayer
06-04-2016, 10:20 PM
I think I'll add some Vice grips into my tools, to pinch off a broken break line.

Mike621
06-05-2016, 07:15 AM
Yeah I'm glad it was an easy fix, I'm going to go though my tools, and carry only what is needed, I think I have a lot of stuff I don't need out on the trail. Glad you had a 12mm wench. [emoji106]🏽

Can-Am XDS 1000 Turbo.

lainracing
06-05-2016, 07:02 PM
[emoji1303]