PDA

View Full Version : How do you ride ?

Flying Dog
05-06-2016, 07:04 PM
How do you ride your SXS ?

We ride, for the most part, slow and easy. Pack a lunch, snacks, and plenty of refreshments and hit the trails. We take in the sights and stop often to enjoy the day and surroundings. On the other hand a friend of mine thinks you really aren't having fun unless you break something.

Ed & Charlene
05-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Don't own a RZR
some time fast, some time easy. depends on the situation or the state of mind.

lowranger
05-06-2016, 07:22 PM
How do you ride your RZR?

We ride, for the most part, slow and easy. Pack a lunch, snacks, and plenty of refreshments and hit the trails. We take in the sights and stop often to enjoy the day and surroundings. On the other hand a friend of mine thinks you really aren't having fun unless you break something.

My wife and I drive ours the exact same way as you do! That's why we have it, to be able to take those out of the way roads and explore new places and see new sites. We went on a ride last June in Nevada that was hosted. People blasting along as fast as they could. We were last in line. They stopped for a break and we caught up. We asked them if they saw the wild horses back there. They didn't see them. Hummmmm wonder why??

Flying Dog
05-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Don't own a RZR
some time fast, some time easy. depends on the situation or the state of mind.

Sorry , should have sxs on this forum .

EPL
05-06-2016, 07:32 PM

This sounds about how we use ours , I'm not into beating and breaking parts !! I like to get to where I'm going and back under my own power !!

Airbus899
05-06-2016, 07:57 PM
We love everything from Crazy high speed Glamis dune runs. To rock crawling on the Rubicon. Best thing about a SXS is u can use them every month of the year in every kind of terrain & we do! I would have to say Racing and High speed is our favorite[emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
05-06-2016, 08:09 PM
This sounds about how we use ours , I'm not into beating and breaking parts !! I like to get to where I'm going and back under my own power !!

"Slow and easy"??? Ed speaks with forked tongue! It is everything I can do to keep up!

Beach Leo
05-06-2016, 08:11 PM
This shows how I ride

Dang got over 40 mph hauling the mail

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/LeoBeach/IMG_0265_zpsc3clpaol.jpg (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/LeoBeach/media/IMG_0265_zpsc3clpaol.jpg.html)

Beach Leo
05-06-2016, 08:15 PM
14.1 moving average >>>Wow was really going that ride

My overall average is 9.8 mph for the last 8 years

Pipelayer
05-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Love following Ed. Sometimes slow and easy but mostly moving with a purpose. On long rides, I feel this is necessary and keeps it exciting.

Maverick4me
05-06-2016, 08:52 PM
"Slow and easy"??? Ed speaks with forked tongue! It is everything I can do to keep up!

I second this. It is fun at times, but not for some....

Pipelayer
05-06-2016, 08:58 PM
It's very difficult to do a ride that suites everyone. I think that Ed and Bob did a great job of putting together 3 very good rides. It's not easy and and takes a lot of their spare time to pre-ride. Hats off to you both... I'm thinking... I survived Shale ridge T shirts... What do you think Terry?

crazywatson
05-06-2016, 09:30 PM
I just like being in the RZR. I have a strong urge to pass people but try to keep it under control. Lol I really like hauling booty but also enjoy scenic cruises. Stopping and talking with people is part of the fun for me too. I get board sometimes and will talk smack on the radio. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Beach Leo
05-06-2016, 09:58 PM
I just like being in the RZR. I have a strong urge to pass people but try to keep it under control. Lol I really like hauling booty but also enjoy scenic cruises. Stopping and talking with people is part of the fun for me too. I get board sometimes and will talk smack on the radio. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thats why I am going to get a Radio TO TALK SMACK!

My hats off to every-one that puts together a group ride

All the stress is on them to make every-one happy and believe me I know, have done a few rides

I realize its very hard to make every-one happy

I believe 99% of us looked forward to every group ride and have a great time on-em all

Maverick4me
05-06-2016, 10:00 PM
^^x2

lowranger
05-06-2016, 11:15 PM
X3. It does take a lot of time and planning to put on a ride. I also have put on a lot of rides, and always hope everyone is happy. Good times to stop..... Visit and meet new people.

baloo
05-07-2016, 06:12 AM
If its some place ive already been i might ride a little faster, but i really like taking in the sights.

EPL
05-07-2016, 06:45 AM
It's very difficult to do a ride that suites everyone. I think that Ed and Bob did a great job of putting together 3 very good rides. It's not easy and and takes a lot of their spare time to pre-ride. Hats off to you both... I'm thinking... I survived Shale ridge T shirts... What do you think Terry?

I have never even thought twice about the shale ridge before , I'm going to look at it different from now on !!

Lennart
05-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Forest roads, ancient trails, river beds, anywhere the scenery rocks. We drag this puppy thousands of miles for the view.

Scrat
05-07-2016, 07:19 AM
Like the old fart I am. My grandson usually falls asleep within the first mile or so.

EPL
05-07-2016, 07:49 AM
Like the old fart I am. My grandson usually falls asleep within the first mile or so.

AlfaBaz is this your twin ?? LOL

Pipelayer
05-07-2016, 07:08 PM
I have never even thought twice about the shale ridge before , I'm going to look at it different from now on !!

Niether did I but, Jess got kind of nervous and Rhonda would have freaked out... She doesn't do heights..

AlfaBaz
05-07-2016, 07:37 PM
AlfaBaz is this your twin ?? LOL

Hey, at least I didn't have a problem with shale ridge!

Ed & Charlene
05-07-2016, 07:44 PM
shale ridge?

EPL
05-07-2016, 08:24 PM
shale ridge?

When we were going across the top ridge of trail 35 !!

Ed & Charlene
05-07-2016, 08:25 PM
okay, didn't know what it was called.

drtfun
05-07-2016, 10:10 PM
I'm thinking... I survived Shale ridge T shirts... What do you think Terry?

OH Heck yes, I drive across that SOB and I get a little tingly in a certin part of my anatomi:eek:

drtfun
05-07-2016, 10:20 PM
If the wifes is with me slow and in the back of the pack, if I am solo get out of my way it's flat out
the only problem is this is how I commute to work also:p

Furkay
05-08-2016, 07:34 AM
We ride pretty fast, even on trails. I am not into breaking things, so we do have to be careful as some of the trails love to grow rocks right in the middle, and of course just on the other side of a whoop so you don't see it until you are on the other side well into compression.

Airbus899
05-08-2016, 09:43 AM
If the wifes is with me slow and in the back of the pack, if I am solo get out of my way it's flat out
the only problem is this is how I commute to work also:p

Lol! Sometimes our wife's do keep us out of trouble..... Lately my wife wants to go faster & faster. She even drove for a few days on high speed runs at Glamis this year.

neil11975
05-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Lol! Sometimes our wife's do keep us out of trouble..... Lately my wife wants to go faster & faster. She even drove for a few days on high speed runs at Glamis this year.
My wife scares the you know what out of me when she drives. She has no fear.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ryguy745
05-08-2016, 03:28 PM
I try to take it easy when the wife aND kids are ridingoing with me ,but if i, out playing without them I like to open it up :cool: !!