PDA

View Full Version : Need a good Polaris shop

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Im looking for a good shop to take my 2016 xp4 1k near sacramento. Ive taken it to Roseville Polaris a few times and they are no help at all. I need to get this darn machine fixed and am tired of taking it in every other week for them to do nothing.. Please help if you can. Thanks Brandon

EPL
02-28-2016, 07:22 PM
Im looking for a good shop to take my 2016 xp4 1k near sacramento. Ive taken it to Roseville Polaris a few times and they are no help at all. I need to get this darn machine fixed and am tired of taking it in every other week for them to do nothing.. Please help if you can. Thanks Brandon

I know a couple off people from down that area go up to Red Bluff Yamaha / Polaris for service !!

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Yeah I've heard good things about them. I was hoping for something closer. That's 2 hrs from me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pipelayer
02-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Yeah I've heard good things about them. I was hoping for something closer. That's 2 hrs from me

What's wrong with it brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
02-28-2016, 07:55 PM
I live in Roseville, and I go up to Red Bluff for service. I try to coordinate with one of our rides up that way, so I'm really only making one trip for the service.

Mike621
02-28-2016, 08:09 PM
I would go with Auburn power sports, or Placerville Polaris , Roseville is a cool shop, but they, IMO more of a Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer. Good luck.
PS: if you don't mind traveling Red Bluff is a good shop to deal with, but kind of far from Roseville.
Good luck.

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 08:10 PM
What's wrong with it brandon

When I floor it, it tacks out. Starts at about 50mph, hits 8600rpm and stays there. The speed climbs to just over 60 and stays tacked out. The first time i took it the the dealer they changed my belt and told me that's what the problem was, and charged me for a belt change instead of calling me and giving me an option. Then the problem kept happening. Took it back and they replaced the clutch weights with what they said we 2 steps heavier than the stock 68s. Picked it up and it's still doing it. He said he checked the spider nut and it was fine. It has done this from my first trip on it. It only has I think 550miles

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 08:11 PM
I have a video of what it's doing but don't know how to post it in here

neil11975
02-28-2016, 08:15 PM
I was going to say spider nut but you said that they checked that. Makes you wonder if they really did check it though. It's definitely not just a belt problem.

Pipelayer
02-28-2016, 08:17 PM
Have you burned up any belts? If not, it may be your secondary not opening up properly. Changing out a good belt, sounds like they ripped you off for 200 + lab.

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 08:20 PM
The first belt they took off, I wouldn't say is bad. But it is glazed over. I'm new to the belts so Idk. I took off the new one today to inspect the new weights they put in and it looks the same with the glazing on the side.

Beach Leo
02-28-2016, 08:22 PM
If I was to ever have my RZR worked on

I would have Ben up in Fallen work on it

He for sure would be my 1st choice

2nd pick would be Red Bluff

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 08:22 PM
I would go with Auburn power sports, or Placerville Polaris , Roseville is a cool shop, but they, IMO more of a Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer. Good luck.
PS: if you don't mind traveling Red Bluff is a good shop to deal with, but kind of far from Roseville.
Good luck.

I think I'm going to take it to Auburn. They sound and act like nicer more knowledgeable ppl

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Any of you live around Sacramento? And would like to check everything over with me, or have a clutch tool I could borrow to take it apart

lainracing
02-28-2016, 09:40 PM
What about the polaris dealer in elk grove ?

Desert900
02-28-2016, 11:23 PM
When I floor it, it tacks out. Starts at about 50mph, hits 8600rpm and stays there. The speed climbs to just over 60 and stays tacked out. The first time i took it the the dealer they changed my belt and told me that's what the problem was, and charged me for a belt change instead of calling me and giving me an option. Then the problem kept happening. Took it back and they replaced the clutch weights with what they said we 2 steps heavier than the stock 68s. Picked it up and it's still doing it. He said he checked the spider nut and it was fine. It has done this from my first trip on it. It only has I think 550miles

If you're capable of doing some work yourself, I would call Todd at www.hunterworks.com. He's a forum vendor on the rzrforum and very helpful with regards to clutch and belt issues.

EPL
02-29-2016, 06:29 AM
if you're capable of doing some work yourself, i would call todd at www.hunterworks.com. He's a forum vendor on the rzrforum and very helpful with regards to clutch and belt issues.

x2 !!

just_dune_it
02-29-2016, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys

jkelnhofer
03-03-2016, 09:48 PM
I live in Redding, CA which is only about 30 min from Red Bluff. I have been dealing with local dealers here since the late 90s and I will not take anything back to anyone but Jed in Red Bluff at Red Bluff Yamaha. They are the most honest, knowledgeable, and nicest folks I have ever dealt with from a service standpoint. I load up all my toys and take them down there. Now I know I am a lot closer than Sacramento is to Red Bluff, but in my opinion, the drive is well worth the outcome. My biggest appreciated attribute in regard to Red Bluff Yamaha is their honesty. I don't really want to get into the details, but I can say that most shops would lean toward their "advantage" and they most certainly did NOT do that to me.

Thanks again Red Bluff Yamaha. I'm a customer for life.

Jason

motosx
03-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Brandon, you going to sand mtn for Easter? think maybe swap my primary/ secondary complete off my 1000 see if it is clutching. or if you have someone that is closer do the same. michael

5150 Will
03-13-2016, 08:47 PM
My money is on the spider nut. I had the exact same thing happen to mine after a few hundred miles....tapped out at about 56 mph...

OFDPOS
03-21-2016, 08:52 AM
There's a few posts over on the rzrforum about this exact thing happening. Like others have posted up call Todd at Hunterworks .