PDA

View Full Version : Explore Ride

Ed Harvey
02-26-2016, 11:02 AM
I would like to try to go from Burney to twin bridges /potato bute the forest service map shows it can be done but can't go alone. There's a big loop and i have ridden half of it burney to snowmobile park on hwy44 once. The map shows burney to potato bute/twin bridges out the B-1 road this is what we need to find. So anybody want to go and get lost in the woods?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

lainracing
02-26-2016, 11:03 AM
When you want to go Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Harvey
02-26-2016, 02:27 PM
Anytime I'm still not working so i can go whenever someone can make it up here. I don't know how far or how long it will be. Then Iwant to find some things to look at for some stops. I would like to put a ride together with a trip to the top of burney mountain. I'm trying to make a loop with some side trips. So we can go out and get lost in the woods trying to find this loop.

lainracing
02-26-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm available on the weekends

Ed Harvey
02-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Ok Bob its kinda late for this weekend and next weekend I am helping a friend move to Dixon

lainracing
02-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Ok just let me know

Mike621
02-26-2016, 08:35 PM
I've ridden out there years ago Ed on dirt bikes, would be fun in the SXS , if I can make it up the weekend you pick I will be in.

CrazyCooter
02-27-2016, 10:15 AM
There is a few ways to do it. The easiest route is just take the 16 Rd/Tamarack rd across from 299 to 44. Then cross 44 and follow around to Twin Bridges. You can mix it up a bit by crossing 44 at the Big Pine campground entrance and finding your way back to the 16 Rd. You could add a trip going around the base of Burney Mtn too.

just_dune_it
02-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Where is this at?

Ed Harvey
02-27-2016, 12:19 PM
My idea was to go out on the B-1 road to potato bute and twin bridges then cross back over 44 at the snowmobile park run Tamarack back to the 26 road and go to the top of burney mountain then back down to dry lake then down to the RxR grad and run it back to old dump road and back to the trucks. The staging area at marker 3 on old dump road at the tanks track. Once I get it figured out then set it up for a ride up here. Trying for the 100 mile ride or as close as possible.

AlfaBaz
02-27-2016, 01:07 PM
Just wait until Jim and Tyra are in town, then get Jim and Ed (with their maps and a GPS), and they will find a way!

CrazyCooter
02-27-2016, 02:55 PM
My idea was to go out on the B-1 road to potato bute and twin bridges then cross back over 44 at the snowmobile park run Tamarack back to the 26 road and go to the top of burney mountain then back down to dry lake then down to the RxR grad and run it back to old dump road and back to the trucks. The staging area at marker 3 on old dump road at the tanks track. Once I get it figured out then set it up for a ride up here. Trying for the 100 mile ride or as close as possible.

Yep....done all of that in separate rides, but easy to make a loop out of it.

Mike621
02-27-2016, 03:07 PM

Sounds like a good time [emoji106]

Ba71camaro
02-27-2016, 03:19 PM
I would be interested if it can be done on a sunday

Ed Harvey
02-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Where is this at?
This is an hour east of Redding up in the mountains. Looking to go from Burney to the south side of Old Station and back to Burney. I'm trying to get a good ride put together about a 100 miles. I need to find the first leg because I haven't made that ride and need someone to tag along with me.

Ed Harvey
02-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Just wait until Jim and Tyra are in town, then get Jim and Ed (with their maps and a GPS), and they will find a way!
I think Ed is working on the houseboat and there's no telling when Jim will be back in town. I need to find the first leg and then run the loop for time and miles and find some good places to stop for breaks. Burney mountain still has a lot of snow on it so we can't get up there yet. I want to put a good ride together.

EPL
02-27-2016, 06:28 PM
I think Ed is working on the houseboat and there's no telling when Jim will be back in town. I need to find the first leg and then run the loop for time and miles and find some good places to stop for breaks. Burney mountain still has a lot of snow on it so we can't get up there yet. I want to put a good ride together.

Jim has moved to "Misery" and I'm leaving for the March madness ride !! If I'm back when you guys go i would love to go !!

KNB
02-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a good ride, I may have to haul the rzr back up to Redding to make that ride, I've been to most of those areas just not all in one ride

lainracing
02-27-2016, 09:13 PM
Ed if you want to go explore I'll come and go with you

Ed Harvey
02-27-2016, 10:06 PM
Ed if you want to go explore I'll come and go with you
I would be glad to have you Bob the weather is not going to be much better tomorrow wet and cold. And next weekend i help a friend move using my car trailer and truck. From burney to dixon. I will let you know when I can go.
Or PM me your number and i call you.

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 05:16 PM
This is an hour east of Redding up in the mountains. Looking to go from Burney to the south side of Old Station and back to Burney. I'm trying to get a good ride put together about a 100 miles. I need to find the first leg because I haven't made that ride and need someone to tag along with me.

How's the weather looking this week? I'm off work so could possible make a trip up there during the week if that's what your wanting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ed Harvey
02-28-2016, 06:33 PM
How's the weather looking this week? I'm off work so could possible make a trip up there during the week if that's what your wanting

It looks like Wednesday is going to be the warmest if can make it up here we can try to find the way to potato bute.
Maybe take off about 9:00/9:30 if that's ok.

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 06:35 PM
I'll talk to the fiancée and see if that can work

Ed Harvey
02-28-2016, 06:45 PM
Ok . I just looked at your page and your in Sacramento it's about a 4hour drive up here but if your up for it let's go.

just_dune_it
02-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Ill see what I can do. Im not afraid of a little drive for a good ride

just_dune_it
03-03-2016, 08:21 AM
Sorry man. Trucks broke right now. Trying to get it all back together

Ed Harvey
03-03-2016, 11:06 AM
You can't go on a ride with out a truck get it fixed up and we will see you on another ride. I'll post it again when i get ready to run this loop. My friend is loading my 24' car trailer now for a run down to Dixon this weekend.

Ed Harvey
03-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Anyone interested in trying to go to old station on Saturday 3-26