PDA

View Full Version : Arizona OHV Permit ?

Bedo
01-20-2016, 06:22 PM
I will be taking my rzr down to Havasu next month and was just wondering if I need to buy any kind of Arizona OHV permit for rzr. I live in Nevada and have current Oregon OHV tag. Not sure that will do me any good in Arizona tho.

The Rattler (BLR)
01-20-2016, 06:32 PM
Not 100% sure..but from what I have heard is you need turn signals & horn not sure what else

The Rattler (BLR)
01-20-2016, 06:33 PM
When we go down.. for March Madness we just run what we have and play...huh...ok I will get that ..THANKS

EPL
01-20-2016, 06:35 PM
It's been about 4 years since I was riding in Arizona and at that time you needed a permit to go in some areas. I purchased one but never went in an area I needed it and gave it to a person i ran into that lived there !!

Flash
01-20-2016, 06:37 PM
If you are riding off the main Hwy's you'll need the OHV sticker. It's $25. Get it and be done with it. You should also get the State Land Trust permit for a family. I think it's $20. Once you have these you can go anywhere and not worry about it. They are good for the year. You can get both of these online if you want.

EPL
01-20-2016, 06:40 PM
When we go down.. for March Madness we just run what we have and play...huh...ok I will get that ..THANKS

Were just a bunch of Crazies running wild !!

The Rattler (BLR)
01-20-2016, 08:46 PM
If you are riding off the main Hwy's you'll need the OHV sticker. It's $25. Get it and be done with it. You should also get the State Land Trust permit for a family. I think it's $20. Once you have these you can go anywhere and not worry about it. They are good for the year. You can get both of these online if you want.
Thanks. For the info.. we have our OHV sticker but I will look into the State Land Trust permit

Sweet34
01-21-2016, 07:06 AM
They've been posting no trespassing signs around the havasu area and you need a permit.
It's easy to just get the family permit for $20 and be done.

The Rattler (BLR)
01-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Thanks I just printed out the forms and we will get it sent in.. Thanks

https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits

EPL
01-21-2016, 08:54 AM
Thanks I just printed out the forms and we will get it sent in.. Thanks

https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits

I think I'm going to wait till we get there and see if we will be in any area that needs a permit , The sell them all over down there from what I remember . Last time I rode for 7 days and was never in an area that needed a permit !!

CrazyCooter
01-21-2016, 06:22 PM
It appears the location we stayed last year in Quartzsite is in the trust if I read the map right..... Breakin' the law...breakin' the law! Lots of land off Shae Rd in Parker too. Maybe we should have a permit?

EPL
01-21-2016, 07:24 PM
It appears the location we stayed last year in Quartzsite is in the trust if I read the map right..... Breakin' the law...breakin' the law! Lots of land off Shae Rd in Parker too. Maybe we should have a permit?

With all the trouble you guys caused there you would think the Police would have said something !! LOL

CrazyCooter
01-21-2016, 07:38 PM
With all the trouble you guys caused there you would think the Police would have said something !! LOL

I think you dropped the dime on us on the way out of town.......

LBR
01-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Remember when Phil lead us that one trip down the hillside, we stopped and he mentioned this about tribial lands, had us kill our headlights on the flat for 3 miles until we turned back up over the mountain? He said we weren't suppose to be there. Maybe it was only because he knew none of us had the special permit.....if we were permitted, it may have been fine to ride there....just thinking out loud.

EPL
01-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Remember when Phil lead us that one trip down the hillside, we stopped and he mentioned this about tribial lands, had us kill our headlights on the flat for 3 miles until we turned back up over the mountain? He said we weren't suppose to be there. Maybe it was only because he knew none of us had the special permit.....if we were permitted, it may have been fine to ride there....just thinking out loud.

It was because it was tribal land !!

LBR
01-22-2016, 07:46 AM
It was because it was tribal land !!
Yes, this permit is for Land Trust use.....isn't that Tribal? Or is Land Trust other areas needing a permit that are non-Tribal lands? Guess we'll snope more, unless someone in the know here can explain?

The Rattler (BLR)
01-22-2016, 08:09 AM
So I feel stupid.. I did a search and Oregon has trust Lands, so I did more research and find that they are mostly conservation/environmental lands....

EPL
01-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Yes, this permit is for Land Trust use.....isn't that Tribal? Or is Land Trust other areas needing a permit that are non-Tribal lands? Guess we'll snope more, unless someone in the know here can explain?

From what i can find they are not Tribal lands !!

LBR
01-22-2016, 12:30 PM
From what i can find they are not Tribal lands !!
Same here Ed. Now to proceed to find a map to see how much of the Parker area is affected....my homework for tonight.[emoji4]

EPL
01-22-2016, 01:24 PM
State Land Department (Recreational Permit)

Arizona State Land DepartmentArizona State Trust Lands are not public lands. The OHV decal allows vehicles to cross Trust Lands and operate on existing roads and trails only. A recreation permit is required for all other uses such as hiking, camping, picnicking, and leaving a staging vehicle on State Trust Lands. A permit is not required to travel on county maintained dirt roads or routes with access easements. For complete information on the recreation permit and its requirements, please visit https://land.az.gov/natural-resources/recreational-permits