PDA

View Full Version : Marysvale UT September 5th - 11th

EPL
01-06-2016, 12:46 PM
This is going to be a ride many of Us are going to go on after the UTV Invasion in Idaho . More information about where we plan on staying will be post when they are pick .

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
4)
5)

AlfaBaz
01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
OK, Ed. I'll admit I'm a little confused on this one. Marysvale is one of the access points to the Paiute Trail System in western Utah. Moab is the rock crawling mecca in east-central Utah. They are almost 4 hours apart. Are you planning to do both? Any idea how long in each, or which one first?

EPL
01-06-2016, 05:11 PM
OK, Ed. I'll admit I'm a little confused on this one. Marysvale is one of the access points to the Paiute Trail System in western Utah. Moab is the rock crawling mecca in east-central Utah. They are almost 4 hours apart. Are you planning to do both? Any idea how long in each, or which one first?

Barb is the person planing this ride so I have no clue !!

The Rattler (BLR)
01-06-2016, 05:39 PM
I don't know the area very well it could very well be 2 different camping stays...when we were down at Ocotillo Wells we were talking about it..They stayed ay South forty RV park so I assumed that's where they road out of
They talked about the Piaute (sp) trail and also doing hells revenge and the Lions back..
Barry could you enlighten us..I'm up to doing both

AlfaBaz
01-06-2016, 06:02 PM
My knowledge is very limited! My cousin Chris and his wife Dawn now live in Utah and have ridden the Paiute Trail System many times. The pictures and stories are amazing, and I've always wanted to ride there. You can check out the Paiute Trail System on Rider Planet, or just Google it. From what I've seen, there are over 250 miles of high mountain trails. I guess everyone has heard of Moab. Quite honestly, my main concerns with Moab are the heat in early September, and the inevitable crowds. If you use Mapquest, and ask for directions from Marysvale to Moab, it comes out to just about 3.5 hours. And that is not pulling a trailer.

Both are on my bucket list, with Marysvale a little higher priority!

The Rattler (BLR)
01-06-2016, 06:42 PM
My knowledge is very limited! My cousin Chris and his wife Dawn now live in Utah and have ridden the Paiute Trail System many times. The pictures and stories are amazing, and I've always wanted to ride there. You can check out the Paiute Trail System on Rider Planet, or just Google it. From what I've seen, there are over 250 miles of high mountain trails. I guess everyone has heard of Moab. Quite honestly, my main concerns with Moab are the heat in early September, and the inevitable crowds. If you use Mapquest, and ask for directions from Marysvale to Moab, it comes out to just about 3.5 hours. And that is not pulling a trailer.

Both are on my bucket list, with Marysvale a little higher priority!
Thanks Barry
I will also ask Joanne Gonzales they live close to there

LBR
01-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Maybe some site members that live by or been there could jump on and help with riding info?

CrazyCooter
01-06-2016, 08:07 PM
I too am more interested in Marysvale, but would do either since we can only do 1 week at a time. I used to be into rock crawling, but I know Tracie wont be into climbing vertical walls while looking off the edge of cliffs with a 2,000' drop to the bottom if something goes wrong.......Moab has a lot of this!

Tracie was potentially competing with another coworker who always takes the week after Labor Day off, so she asked for the time off now just in case. Guess we can swap it later if needed.

The Rattler (BLR)
01-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Marysvale is our 1st choice also...we may stop moab just to see it..

The Rattler (BLR)
01-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Here are 2 RV parks in Marysvale
South Forty is the most popular, the only negatives I read on it was not being real dog friendly...I pm'ed them to ask if that was a concern for us since there will probably be atleast 6 trailers and we all have 4 legged kids.
http://southfortyrvpark.net/

This one looks like a nice park.. They also have a Pizza place called the Garage
http://www.lizzieandcharlies.com/

EPL
01-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Here are 2 RV parks in Marysvale
South Forty is the most popular, the only negatives I read on it was not being real dog friendly...
http://southfortyrvpark.net/

This one looks like a nice park.. They also have a Pizza place called the Garage

http://www.lizzieandcharlies.com/

Just cut Lances hair and they won't know the difference !! LOL

The Rattler (BLR)
01-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Just cut Lances hair and they won't know the difference !! LOL
Lmao

EPL
01-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Lmao

I just had to say it !! LOL Let us know what you find out !!

The Rattler (BLR)
01-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Here's rider planet map for the Paiute trail system
look at it and give suggestions on where to stay
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/utah_07840/ride_f942.htm

The Rattler (BLR)
01-09-2016, 02:12 PM
From what I have researched Lizzie & Charlies or South forty RV would be our best bets..

drtfun
02-05-2016, 11:21 AM
what Rv park is everyone thinking about staying in?

The Rattler (BLR)
02-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Thinking about South forty RV park.. but haven't made reservations yet

The Rattler (BLR)
02-09-2016, 09:55 AM
This is the response from South Forty RV. as I suspected with the bad reviews for our fur babies it was someone that didn't follow the rules
Good Morning Barbara. Thank you for contacting us and we have been gone. We are very pet friendly and we do welcome pets. Most of our guests do bring their dogs with them and they have no issues. Our rules are no different than anywhere else in that you must keep your dog on a leash at all times even in your rv space and pick up after them. For everyone's enjoyment we ask that you do not bring your pets into our office area and laundry/restrooms and they are not allowed on our grass. We have a place to walk your dogs and let them off of their leashes for a while so they can run and get exercise. Unfortunately if someone has complained then it is because they are part of that small percentage that do not think they have to keep their dogs on a leash or did not pick up after them and we do get people like that and they don't like being told that the policy applies to them as well. Again, our policy is no different than anywhere else you take a dog into the public, I am sure you can understand that. We would love to have your group stay with us and hope that you do. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you. Terri & Jim

The Rattler (BLR)
02-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Who else is thinking of going?
I was getting ready to make my reservations

AlfaBaz
02-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Who else is thinking of going?
I was getting ready to make my reservations

A lot can happen in seven months but as long as everyone stays healthy, count us in!

EPL
02-09-2016, 02:55 PM
We plan on going !!

EPL
02-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Moab (Marysvale UT) September 5th - 11th
This is going to be a ride many of Us are going to go on after the UTV Invasion in Idaho . More information about where we plan on staying will be post when they are pick .

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
4) AlfaBaz
5)

Jimandtyra
02-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Moab (Marysvale UT) September 5th - 11th

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
4) AlfaBaz
5) Jim and Tyra ( ?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
02-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Paiute Trails (Marysvale UT) September 5th - 11th

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
4) AlfaBaz
5) Jim and Tyra ( ?)
6. Chris and Dawn

Jimandtyra
02-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Can't make it sister coming to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
02-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Some of you will remember Chris and Dawn from Dumont two years ago. Chris is my cousin and at the time lived in Tehachapi. They have since moved to Cedar City, UT. They have been to Marysvale many times, and just confirmed that they will be joining us on this ride, so we now have a local expert trail guide! Chris also said that if anyone is interested, there is a fairly low key whitewater rafting opportunity nearby; we might want to do that one afternoon! But maybe we should remove the reference to Moab, as it is at least 4 hours east of Marysvale.

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
4) AlfaBaz and Patti (Dot)
5) Jim and Tyra ( ?)
6) Chris and Dawn

gridman
02-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Well I'm glad you just said that Barry I did not even look when it said Moab we were all in but not going to make it now.

EPL
02-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Some of you will remember Chris and Dawn from Dumont two years ago. Chris is my cousin and at the time lived in Tehachapi. They have since moved to Cedar City, UT. They have been to Marysvale many times, and just confirmed that they will be joining us on this ride, so we now have a local expert trail guide! Chris also said that if anyone is interested, there is a fairly low key whitewater rafting opportunity nearby; we might want to do that one afternoon! But maybe we should remove the reference to Moab, as it is at least 4 hours east of Marysvale.

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6)
7)

EPL
02-11-2016, 07:17 PM

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Jim and Tyra ( ?)
6) Chris and Dawn

I changed it Barry !! It's great to hear we will have someone that knows the area there !! Just make sure Chris keeps Cindy in line !! (inside joke ) LOL

LBR
02-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Heel ya! I give Dawn a jab now and then on FB just so she will remember me....I remember them both well and will be great to see them again, Barry....I'm headed to FB now to antagonize her...haha

AlfaBaz
02-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Well I'm glad you just said that Barry I did not even look when it said Moab we were all in but not going to make it now.

Now Pat, I didn't know you were into rock crawling. I mean, I guess you just like to go slow! But I promise if you'll join us for trail riding at Marysvale, we'll go slow enough for you to keep up!

The Rattler (BLR)
03-12-2016, 11:08 AM
I called and got our reservations
435 326 4404 South Forty RV park..when you Call let them know your with Barbara Rowland and they have 6 sites set aside for us so we can camp in the same area

drtfun
03-12-2016, 07:31 PM
count us in

Beach Leo
03-12-2016, 08:01 PM
If I was going, ugg I ain't going, If I was You, ugg I ain,'t You,

What I am trying to say is, Moab is a must while that close by

And yepper Little Sahara is another must

Only thing I regret is not going to Marysvale or Tailer-park while that close by

EPL
03-13-2016, 07:59 AM

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6) drtfun
7)

CrazyCooter
03-15-2016, 12:41 PM
OK were all reserved. Pretty sure Terry and I will get the group thrown out before the rest of you arrive........:eek:

The Rattler (BLR)
03-16-2016, 08:20 AM
OK were all reserved. Pretty sure Terry and I will get the group thrown out before the rest of you arrive........:eek:
That's fine..just don't get me Shushed when I get there...lol

drtfun
03-16-2016, 12:22 PM
I have got kicked out of the Coosbay KOA anything is possible :p

CrazyCooter
03-17-2016, 08:05 PM
That's fine..just don't get me Shushed when I get there...lol

Hotrod did it!

The Rattler (BLR)
03-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Hotrod did it!
LOL...
It was Fast Pat & Tyra that got us Shused at Red Rock Island Park within 2 minutes of us arriving...lol

Justified
05-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Just booked at South Forty. Looking forward to meeting eveyone.

AlfaBaz
05-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Just booked at South Forty. Looking forward to meeting eveyone.

It's about time, Chris!

Ed, Chris and Dawn both need stickers for their cars! Chris wants red and Dawn wants white. How about a small trailer sticker in blue?

The Rattler (BLR)
05-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Looking forward to checking out a new area to see

EPL
05-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Just send me a PM of what they want and there address.

EPL
05-27-2016, 06:03 PM
We're looking forward to this ride .

Ajb9
06-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Some of you will remember Chris and Dawn from Dumont two years ago. Chris is my cousin and at the time lived in Tehachapi. They have since moved to Cedar City, UT. They have been to Marysvale many times, and just confirmed that they will be joining us on this ride, so we now have a local expert trail guide! Chris also said that if anyone is interested, there is a fairly low key whitewater rafting opportunity nearby; we might want to do that one afternoon!

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6) drtfun
7) Ajb9
8)
9)
10)

Ajb9
06-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Ok people ... I'm crashing your party!��.... Made res today if anyone leaving from the sac area want to caravan out?

EPL
06-02-2016, 11:04 AM
I think most of us will be coming from the UTV Invasion at St Anthonys .

drtfun
06-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Ok people ... I'm crashing your party!��.... Made res today if anyone leaving from the sac area want to caravan out?
We will be leaving Vacaville around 4pm Friday stop in Reno Friday night and Ely Saturday night then check in in UT Sunday morning if this would work for

Ajb9
06-02-2016, 11:23 PM
We will be leaving Vacaville around 4pm Friday stop in Reno Friday night and Ely Saturday night then check in in UT Sunday morning if this would work for
Thanks I will consider that... As much as don't care for I 50 it might work better than running down to the 15 through Bakersfield... Could possibly hook up in ely... I could not get into south forty rv on Sunday.... The lady there said she would help me find a dry camp spot in the area. Will let you know. Thanks again

EPL
06-04-2016, 09:03 AM
We got our reservation yesterday.

drtfun
06-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Well we have to cancel on this trip ran out of vacations days:(

The Rattler (BLR)
06-15-2016, 07:00 AM
Well we have to cancel on this trip ran out of vacations days:(
We will miss Barbara .... and you also Terry

EPL
06-15-2016, 07:14 AM

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6) Ajb9
7)
8)
9)
10)

EPL
06-21-2016, 06:51 AM
This ride will be here before we know it !!

AlfaBaz
07-05-2016, 04:54 PM

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6) Ajb9
7)
8)
9)
10)

Brian (Baloo)- this is the ride you need to sign up for! Here is the info on the RV Park we are staying at:

435 326 4404 South Forty RV park..when you call let them know you're with Barbara Rowland and they have 6 sites set aside for us so we can camp in the same area

baloo
07-06-2016, 06:13 AM
OK Barry were going to see about getting the time off. Wife said it may be hard for her. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

RaceBizz
07-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Just got back a couple of days ago. Spent at week at South Forty RV Park. It was a great place. The owners, Jim and Terri, were great also. In the mornings I would look at maps then go talk with Jim to see if the route I chose was good or bad. He would always add in more routes and places to stop and see. Also then when I would ask if I can get a 64" machine there, he would say, "If there are no gates you have access." I would take that with a grain of salt because some of the offshoot trails we would look at looked pretty daunting at the beginning and did not want to get further down and stuck. There were so many trails that were not on any of the maps I had of the Paiute Trail. I had a paper map and also a gpx I found that had a few more trails but did not specify size restrictions. So I would use the paper map, then my iPad/gps for side trails if they were showing on my iPad. I will get the National Forest map as I am sure it would show the other trails. We were doing a little over 100 miles a day. We would go out for a few hours on a loop then come back to take care of the furkids and eat then head out again. It was a great week.

LBR
07-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Just got back a couple of days ago. Spent at week at South Forty RV Park. It was a great place. The owners, Jim and Terri, were great also. In the mornings I would look at maps then go talk with Jim to see if the route I chose was good or bad. He would always add in more routes and places to stop and see. Also then when I would ask if I can get a 64" machine there, he would say, "If there are no gates you have access." I would take that with a grain of salt because some of the offshoot trails we would look at looked pretty daunting at the beginning and did not want to get further down and stuck. There were so many trails that were not on any of the maps I had of the Paiute Trail. I had a paper map and also a gpx I found that had a few more trails but did not specify size restrictions. So I would use the paper map, then my iPad/gps for side trails if they were showing on my iPad. I will get the National Forest map as I am sure it would show the other trails. We were doing a little over 100 miles a day. We would go out for a few hours on a loop then come back to take care of the furkids and eat then head out again. It was a great week.
Thanx for the great insight....I've followed South Forty RV Park on FB for about 4 years now because they are so pro-UTV with all the rides they do. I will check into any interactive maps to download on my tablet....in SoCal, Friends of Jawbone actually provide about a dozen maps to download for any particular riding area for couple of bucks...hope we can do the same here during our upcoming trip!

EPL
07-11-2016, 07:27 AM

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6) Ajb9
7)
8)
9)
10)

The Rattler (BLR)
08-22-2016, 03:14 PM
In 2 weeks we get to see some new country side so excited

EPL
08-22-2016, 07:16 PM

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6) Ajb9
7)
8)
9)

AlfaBaz
08-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Just got an e-mail from Chris reminding us all to bring cool, or cold, weather clothes. We will be going up to 11,000 feet, and the weather there can change quickly.

The Rattler (BLR)
08-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Just got an e-mail from Chris reminding us all to bring cool, or cold, weather clothes. We will be going up to 11,000 feet, and the weather there can change quickly.
Thanks, I was loading the trailer debating whether to heavy jackets
They are in the trailer NOW

Justified
08-26-2016, 08:08 PM
See you all soon.

AlfaBaz
08-26-2016, 08:30 PM
See you all soon.

Really looking forward to seeing you both!! And hurray for finally posting!

Quadloco
08-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Put me down, we will be meeting you guys here, not able to make St. Anthony's

The Rattler (BLR)
08-28-2016, 01:13 PM

1) LBR , BLR , Hotrod
2) EPL , Fast Pat
3) CrazyCooter
5) Chris and Dawn
6) Ajb9
7) Quadloco
8)
9)

EPL
08-28-2016, 07:51 PM
Can't wait! !!!

AlfaBaz
09-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Loading up last minute stuff. On the road shortly- Ely tonight. See you all tomorrow!!

Fast Pat
09-04-2016, 09:12 AM
We will see you there tomorrow.

Ed Harvey
09-04-2016, 09:19 AM
You guys take a lot of pictures for us here at home. The refit for ford to Chevy on the rack is coming along nicely. I cut the stops off and the 1k dropped wright in the math kicked my butt for
the set back on the front but i think I got it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
09-04-2016, 07:07 PM
You guys take a lot of pictures for us here at home. The refit for ford to Chevy on the rack is coming along nicely. I cut the stops off and the 1k dropped wright in the math kicked my butt for
the set back on the front but i think I got it.

Thanks, Ed. I'm really happy to hear that. You know, any time you sell something to a friend, you worry about what if it doesn't work out.

AlfaBaz
09-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Just an FYI everybody........ Using Mapquest, when I plugged in the address for South Forty RV Park (1170 N Hiway 89) it kept coming up 25 miles or so north in Richfield! Patti's phone did not do that. At any rate, I just called and talked to the folks at South Forty, and they confirmed that the park is south of I-70, just north of where the map puts the town of Marysvale.

We are in Ely now, so should be there in the early afternoon tomorrow.

CrazyCooter
09-04-2016, 07:35 PM
We're here....wish you fine.

Ed Harvey
09-04-2016, 11:35 PM
When I get it welded up I will send some pictures but so far so good

The Rattler (BLR)
09-05-2016, 12:28 PM
About 2.5 hours away...

EPL
09-05-2016, 12:35 PM
We're about 1/2 away but stopped for lunch.

The Rattler (BLR)
09-05-2016, 12:53 PM
We're about 1/2 away but stopped for lunch.
Same here just about to get back on the road again..stopped in Spanish fork

EPL
09-05-2016, 12:54 PM
We're in Richfield

The Rattler (BLR)
09-05-2016, 02:54 PM
We're in Richfield
Just passing through Richfield now

EPL
09-14-2016, 07:33 AM
We had a great time riding in Utah and would like to thank Justified (Chris) and Ajb9 (Alan) for setting up a leading some great rides !!

Ajb9
09-14-2016, 08:41 AM
"Good times"!
Thank you all...

The Rattler (BLR)
09-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Yes Thanks everyone for the great times..so many memories made again

AlfaBaz
09-14-2016, 03:35 PM
In the infamous words of Arnold, "I'll be back".

The Rattler (BLR)
09-14-2016, 04:59 PM
In the infamous words of Arnold, "I'll be back".
So much more to see...we only scratched the surface