PDA

View Full Version : SXS shopping.

Sandfreak
12-18-2015, 04:34 PM
Best price for a XPT is $23,300 plus fees at local Polaris dealer and asessories at 10% off. I then made a to call to the CanAm dealer I bought my 2012 Renegade from and was quoted $16,900 OTD for a 2015 XDS and asessories at dealer cost.
Is the XPT worth $6400 more than the XDS turbo because that is a huge difference?

EPL
12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Best price for a XPT is $23,300 plus fees at local Polaris dealer and asessories at 10% off. I then made a to call to the CanAm dealer I bought my 2012 Renegade from and was quoted $16,900 OTD for a 2015 XDS and asessories at dealer cost.
Is the XPT worth $6400 more than the XDS turbo because that is a huge difference?

It's all up to you !! I have drove both and like the feel of the Polaris better .I like the lower seating in the Polaris ,and the CanAm's are just to noisy in side (Dif noise) and you get all the heat inside during the summer.

Maverick4me
12-18-2015, 04:53 PM
Yes, this is definitely a personal preference. I would never own anything but a Can-am, my latest Maverick is our 11th Can-am. Everything has there ups and downs. My only advise is try before you buy. I am located in Oregon, and would love to meet with you and let you try out my Maverick. Should hook up and ride the dunes. If anyone local has a Polaris turbo they can meet as well and you can try them both. Brand bashing is not for me, just out to have fun with other SXS owners. "The ride says it all" LOL!!!

EPL
12-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Maverick4me is correct , they all have there pro's and con's . If you have the chance to drive both under the same conditions that would be the best thing to do then you can make you own mind up. I wasn't trying to bash any one brand , just giving my opinion .

Mike621
12-18-2015, 05:30 PM

Man that's great price on the 15 Mav, I bought a 16' XDS cause it wasn't that much more than the 15' at that time, so far pretty happy with it, I've heard really good things about the XPT , lots of upgraded stuff, I think if your going to spend this much money get what you really want, even if it cost a little more, no sense in getting something and then having regrets. Whatever you end up getting post some pictures for us.[emoji106][emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandfreak
12-18-2015, 05:33 PM
It's all up to you !! I have drove both and like the feel of the Polaris better .I like the lower seating in the Polaris ,and the CanAm's are just to noisy in side (Dif noise) and you get all the heat inside during the summer.
Have you driven a Maverick since they went away from strait cut gears? Wondering how much quieter they are now?

EPL
12-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Have you driven a Maverick since they went away from strait cut gears? Wondering how much quieter they are now?

I drove a Maverick turbo and it was much quieter then the Commanders are . They are better but still loud to me !!

Maverick4me
12-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Mine is not loud at all, interesting.... Maybe I just don't notice cause I am having so much fun!!

Maverick4me
12-18-2015, 05:43 PM
I wasn't trying to bash any one brand , just giving my opinion .

Wasn't accusing you of bashing. Just do not think it is fair to bring up the negative of one without listing the negative of the other.

EPL
12-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Mine is not loud at all, interesting.... Maybe I just don't notice cause I am having so much fun!!

I'm comparing it to my Polaris . I have driven a Commander a few times and compared to them the Maverick are quiet . The one thing I can say is that when we are out trail riding and I stop at a turn to wait I can here the whine out the CanAm over the exhaust over any other SXS . I'm trying to talk bad about any make or model of SXS , just commented my opinion which Sandfreak asked people for . It's ;ike vehicles , some like Ford some like Dodge and some like Chevy . Everyone likes what they like, doesn't mean anyone is right .

EPL
12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Wasn't accusing you of bashing. Just do not think it is fair to bring up the negative of one without listing the negative of the other.

LOL I'm like you , don't see any negative's with mine .

Sandfreak
12-18-2015, 05:58 PM
It's all good good guys. Lets all be friends here. If I would of asked this at one of the chest beater sites it usually always ends in a worthless post.

EPL
12-18-2015, 06:07 PM
It's all good good guys. Lets all be friends here. If I would of asked this at one of the chest beater sites it usually always ends in a worthless post.

It's all fine with me ! If you are able to meet up with Maverick4me and a friend of his and drive both that would be the best thing for you to do !! It's the same on any site people always like what they have . LOL

Mike621
12-18-2015, 06:07 PM
I drove a 14' NA Mav and it was really loud, like it had no mufflers at all, lol, but my turbo not to bad inside, first thing I did to mine when I got it was pulled all the center panels and line them with heat shield from Home Depot, one roll did the whole thing. That may also make it quite inside also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EPL
12-18-2015, 06:10 PM
I drove a 14' NA Mav and it was really loud, like it had no mufflers at all, lol, but my turbo not to bad inside, first thing I did to mine when I got it was pulled all the center panels and line them with heat shield from Home Depot, one roll did the whole thing. That may also make it quite inside also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree , the Turbo is quieter then the non Turbo . The heat shield is probably a good thing .

Maverick4me
12-18-2015, 06:43 PM

My response is that at these prices, a SXS of any brand is an investment. Lots of research regarding brand quality, owner feedback, and test drives are a must when spending this type of money. If money is an issue, you can't go wrong with the current rebates that Can-am is offering on the left over '15 XDS turbos. A few quick mods and clutch adjustments (required with the mods), and you will have a serious riding machine on your hands. You can buy a lot of cool add-on stuff for $6,400!

I look forward to meeting and riding with a lot of forum members who ride different brands. Just know, there will always be "Brand" loyal owners out there. But the most important part is to have FUN with what ever you choose!

Mavmann
12-18-2015, 06:47 PM
my response is that at these prices, a sxs of any brand is an investment. Lots of research regarding brand quality, owner feedback, and test drives are a must when spending this type of money. If money is an issue, you can't go wrong with the current rebates that can-am is offering on the left over '15 xds turbos. A few quick mods and clutch adjustments (required with the mods), and you will have a serious riding machine on your hands. You can buy a lot of cool add-on stuff for $6,400!

I look forward to meeting and riding with a lot of forum members who ride different brands. Just know, there will always be "brand" loyal owners out there. But the most important part is to have fun with what ever you choose!

x2 !!

Lennart
12-18-2015, 06:52 PM

I have a Maverick and like it but have never drove a Polaris . What year is the Polaris ? That could be the reason for part of the price difference ?

Sandfreak
12-18-2015, 07:05 PM
The XPT is a 2016. First year.

The Rattler (BLR)
12-18-2015, 08:27 PM
With the Maverick where most of the noise comes from is in the clutch area..it's the Helix that makes some of the noise...also engine & transmission Is center and not at the back..
All machines are great in one way or another..drive both and see which one you feel the most comfortable in..Can't beat the price of the XDS...all I can say is WOW..

Sandfreak
12-30-2015, 12:12 AM
Well, made the decision. All accessories the dealer sold at cost that I ordered for it. This will also be the last time it looks like this..Going to go pick it up next Saturday when all my ordered stuff is in and then the tear down begins.

drtfun
12-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Nice!

neil11975
12-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Awesome. Congratulations. I am a Polaris guy all the way, but I have to say at that price difference, I would have been second guessing the decision to buy a polaris too. No matter what, we all have fun and ride the same trails. We would even let an Arctic Cat come along if they could keep up. LOL

EPL
12-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Well, made the decision. All accessories the dealer sold at cost that I ordered for it. This will also be the last time it looks like this..Going to go pick it up next Saturday when all my ordered stuff is in and then the tear down begins.

Nice, I like the green one's.

Beach Leo
12-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Congrats

Way-Good Rig

lainracing
12-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Nice

Mavmann
12-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Great to see another Maverick owner on the forum .

LBR
12-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Great to see another Maverick owner on the forum .
There are several Maverick owners here

The Rattler (BLR)
12-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Sand freak you are gonna love it...for that price I think I need a 2nd one

Mike621
12-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Congrats now the real spending begins. [emoji106][emoji109][emoji12]

Maverick4me
12-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Congratulations! You will be happy with your choice. It was a pleasure talking with you on the phone to answer some of your questions. When it comes to future mods, let me know if you have any questions as well. I have done a few to mine:

Added: BRP: Alum. Sport Roof, Harnesses, & Rock Guards, Super ATV: Flip/Half Windshield, TurnKey: Doors & Harness Bar, CT Race Worx: F & R Inner Fenders, 3 Pc. Front Gusset Kit, Tie/Radius Rods, Receiver, & Dual Rate Shocks, Evolution Power Sports: Cat delete, Mufflers, Stage IV Re-Flash, Charge tubes w/BOV Razorback: Infrared Belt temp gauge, Heretic Studio: 10" & 40" Light Bar, Double R Powder Coating: Manta Green parts, Whip It: Dual 5' Light Rods, Tires: Warlock 30x11x14 buffs & 30x13x14 9-paddle extreme, AIRDAM: Clutch Upgrade kit, Rugged Radio: RRP660, VX2200, PRP: XC Seats

EPL
12-30-2015, 07:05 PM
Congrats now the real spending begins. [emoji106][emoji109][emoji12]

Yep !! just look at Maverick4me's list of add on's !! LOL

Sandfreak
12-30-2015, 08:10 PM
Trying to find a cage I like at the moment. I already have a set of DFR doors that I ordered for a customer months ago that never paid for them so I am using them and few goodies also arrived on the big brown truck today.

Maverick4me
12-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Good choice on the doors, especially since you already have them. Would have been my second choice over TurnKey, 1st now that they are out of business! LOL!!

Sandfreak
12-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Good choice on the doors, especially since you already have them. Would have been my second choice over TurnKey, 1st now that they are out of business! LOL!!

I made the mistake of becoming a dealer for Pro Armor but I had so many customer complaints I finally told PA to pound sand and I just stuck with selling DFR doors.

gridman
12-31-2015, 06:48 AM
Factory UTV are great peps also

The Rattler (BLR)
12-31-2015, 11:52 AM
Factory UTV are great peps also
Going to ordering a set of skids from Bob when we get back to Oregon..Pretty much destroyed the stock one the other day..but boy oh boy was it fun

Maverick
01-01-2016, 05:49 AM
Congrats on new ride, I have over 4,000 miles on my Max and just love it. I have had ZERO problems with mine and never even blown a belt.