PDA

View Full Version : Post your Toyhauler mods here.

Turtle Tim
12-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Thought it would be interesting to see (or hear about) some of the mods people have done to their toyhaulers for ease of use or just to make them more comfortable.

Turtle Tim
12-13-2015, 07:35 PM
I'll start with a few things I have done to mine:

Flipped the axels so it would tow level.
Replaced all the suspension hardware. Used heavier hardware and wet bolts.
Changed out the mattress in our bedroom to a nice high quality residential type.
Added a 4" tube underneath to stow the sewage hose.
Reinforced the side skirts with struts.
Bought a Shark vacuum that I still need to mount.

Things I want to do:
Add LED's under the awning and underneath along the frame.

KNB
12-13-2015, 08:36 PM
So far I've changed out all the tires, added shelves to the cabinets, installed a 200 watt solar system, temperpedic mattress, satellite tv with a new 32" flat screen. Next on the list is two more solar panels and add inverters with two more battery. I have all the led for the awning, just need to install. Things I want to do are install heavier suspension with shocks

Turtle Tim
12-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Oh ya, forgot I changed the stock ST tires out right away and put BFG commercials on.

EPL
12-13-2015, 08:47 PM
The only thing I have changed on my toy hauler is the tires after 8 seperated tires i put Goodyear G 614's on it .

CrazyCooter
12-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I could write a book, but here is a good start!

1200 watts solar,Outback Flexmax 80 controller, 800ah AGM batteries, 3,000 watt Magnum Hybrid Puresine Inverter.
2.5" lift, EZflex rockers, Dexter HD shackles w/Neverlube Bushings, Correct Track, Goodyear LRG Tires, Added third axle, and KYB monotube shocks.
Rewired brakes with 10ga wiring and extra grounds
Wired the rear spot lights to come on with reverse lights on the truck.
Upgraded all light fixtures to LED panels with 5050 4000k 48-LED panels
Morryde pinbox 9" shorter than the OE 1621
Winegard Sat tracker
Norcold 12v chest freezer/refer
Sleep Number bed
Underbelly Sewer hose storage
Wired garage with underfloor battery, Powerwerx outlets, and coax for running Ham radio equipment.

EPL
12-13-2015, 09:00 PM
I could write a book, but here is a good start!

1200 watts solar, 800ah AGM batteries, 3,000 watt Magnum Hybrid Puresine Inverter.
2.5" lift, EZflex rockers, Dexter HD shackles w/Neverlube Bushings, Correct Track, Goodyear LRG Tires, Added third axle, and KYB monotube shocks.
Rewired brakes with 10ga wiring and extra grounds
Wired the rear spot lights to come on with reverse lights on the truck.
Upgraded all light fixtures to LED panels with 5050 4000k 48-LED panels
Morryde pinbox 9" shorter than the OE 1621
Winegard Sat tracker
Norcold 12v chest freezer/refer
Sleep Number bed
Underbelly Sewer hose storage
Wired garage with underfloor battery, Powerwerx outlets, and coax for running Ham radio equipment.

I don't know if this forum could handle all you have done to you hauler Tony !! LOL

crazywatson
12-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Changed out my single 12v battery to 2 6v and changed the light bulbs to led inside.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

EPL
12-13-2015, 09:05 PM
I guess i have done outer things to my hauler !! Changed the batteries to 4 6 volt batteries from 1 12 volt batteris and replaced all the lights with led's .

CrazyCooter
12-13-2015, 09:07 PM
I'll start with a few things I have done to mine:

Flipped the axels so it would tow level.
Replaced all the suspension hardware. Used heavier hardware and wet bolts.
Changed out the mattress in our bedroom to a nice high quality residential type.
Added a 4" tube underneath to stow the sewage hose.
Reinforced the side skirts with struts.
Bought a Shark vacuum that I still need to mount.

Things I want to do:
Add LED's under the awning and underneath along the frame.

What is this shark vac? I have always regretted not getting the installed vac option.

Would like to have LED's under the awning too. Seeing the availability and cost coming down over the years.

Turtle Tim
12-13-2015, 09:07 PM
What LED's is everyone using on the interior?
I don't like the bluish white light.

CrazyCooter
12-13-2015, 09:09 PM
I don't know if this forum could handle all you have done to you hauler Tony !! LOL

You know how I get with modding all my "First" time new purchases..... Dodge, Maverick, and Cyclone. Probably never do it again.....

EPL

I got some cheap one's on E-bay !!

EPL
you know how i get with modding all my "first" time new purchases..... Dodge, maverick, and cyclone. Probably never do it again.....

lol!!

Turtle Tim
12-13-2015, 09:11 PM
You forgot the "platform thingamajiger with wheels" you built Tony.

CrazyCooter
12-13-2015, 09:16 PM

I hate the super white 5500K+ too! Too hard to read......

I got mine from this guy on Ebay http://stores.ebay.com/duan-led2010?_rdc=1. The warm white panels with the 1210 leds work pretty nice, but I went for the 5050's. The close quarters lighting I went with 36 LED's, but most high ceiling, garage, and porch lights did the 48 LED's.

CrazyCooter
12-13-2015, 09:18 PM
You forgot the "platform thingamajiger with wheels" you built Tony.

Oh ya.....Swivel wheel trailer! I should put that up for sale now that I sold my last ATV and going to sell my DS bike......

neil11975
12-13-2015, 09:27 PM

I am using the warm white ones. They are the only ones that look like the incandescent lights. I got mine from top hat energy here in redding. I know they were more expensive than the ones on amazon ($3.00 each) but it was worth it for me not to deal with the harsh light inside the trailer.

milosusa
12-14-2015, 09:08 AM
Replaced drum brakes with disc brake, this is always my first upgrade .:)
Convert front landing gears to be separately operated
Install JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers
Replace tires, this time I need to go with the Goodyear's G614 for bigger load.
Install Miracle Probes in holding tanks.
1500 Watt Inverter
LED bulb
Remote controlled fan for bathroom and living room. Plus outside rain vent covers
Add hand sprayer to the toilet
Plus some hooks and shelf .
milos

MrH
12-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Our trailer is a 2015 so it doesn't need a whole lot yet.

I've added a tv in the bedroom.

Stair carpets.

Levels at the tongue

Pismo sticker, Giants sticker, 49'er sticker and soon to have a Crazy UTV sticker.

Air compressor for the sand.

New mattress that's actually comfortable.

Carpet in the bedroom instead of the linoleum.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

AlfaBaz
12-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Haven't really had it long enough to get any ideas yet. So far, closet lights (bump lights) in garage, extra firm mattress in master, 4 foot storage tube and long sewer hose, towel rings, clock, etc.

crazywatson
12-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Oh yeah we put a remote control fan in the ceiling vent in the bedroom also. That's a nice upgrade. It shuts automatically if it rains too.

johnnycat8
12-15-2015, 03:06 AM
4 solar panels on roof. had 2 1200 amp batterys that were stolen at my old house. replace all the bulbs with led's , added 2 19 in florescent lights 120 v 12w 4800k,
21 in tv in front, 32 in at table with tower comp and 48in at foot of bed , all with bluray smart players hooked up to internet, also have internet and cable. added 12v outlets 2 to light fixtures under cabinets and in bed area, full carpet kit, added 4 shelf's and 2 wire basket for food items. new multi position shower head,

next is a upgraded microwave/convention oven and a 120v electric water heater kit and new mattress

(forgot dart board for the bordom) and a usb charging station for i pad,i-pod,cell and tab-4

what kind of mattress are you all using i want a good one since im living in mine now?

DLFoust
12-15-2015, 07:00 AM
I have change my batteries from 1-12 volt to 2-6 volts . Replace lights with led lights .

KNB
12-15-2015, 07:59 AM
4 solar panels on roof. had 2 1200 amp batterys that were stolen at my old house. replace all the bulbs with led's , added 2 19 in florescent lights 120 v 12w 4800k,
21 in tv in front, 32 in at table with tower comp and 48in at foot of bed , all with bluray smart players hooked up to internet, also have internet and cable. added 12v outlets 2 to light fixtures under cabinets and in bed area, full carpet kit, added 4 shelf's and 2 wire basket for food items. new multi position shower head,

next is a upgraded microwave/convention oven and a 120v electric water heater kit and new mattress

(forgot dart board for the bordom) and a usb charging station for i pad,i-pod,cell and tab-4

what kind of mattress are you all using i want a good one since im living in mine now?

I put a temperpedic in mine, we bought a new one for the house so I put the old one in the trailer. I live in the trailer during the summer for work and love the mattress

milosusa
12-15-2015, 08:34 AM
We use this mattress in trailer. We do have a temperpedic mattress home, but I like the one in trailer more...:)
milos
https://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-mattress-pacbamboo.html

KNB
12-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Yeah not everyone likes the temperpedic. I like it ok but Niecha loves it.

KNB
12-15-2015, 09:37 AM
First two mattresses in the trailer sucked I do like this one the best

KNB
12-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Oh yeah we put a remote control fan in the ceiling vent in the bedroom also. That's a nice upgrade. It shuts automatically if it rains too.

How do you like the fan, I can't decide if I want do that or add another a.c. unit

crazywatson
12-15-2015, 10:23 AM
We still have the mattress that came with the trailer but put on a Temperpedic mattress topper. It's pretty comfortable.

johnnycat8
12-15-2015, 11:56 AM
How do you like the fan, I can't decide if I want do that or add another a.c. unit

do you have a 30 or 50 amp supply? 30 amp wont do 2 A/C units might want to look at a 12 volt ceiling fan

the vent fans that have reverse are nice air in or out

crazywatson
12-15-2015, 04:24 PM
The fans work awesome. Yeah being able to reverse it and suck all the hot air out of the trailer is nice.

Turtle Tim
12-15-2015, 06:27 PM

We used the mattress from our youngest daughters room when she moved out. Its a high quality firm pillow top.
Put the stock mattress from the toyhauler in her old room, now she wont stay the night anymore!
We tried toppers and whatever else you can think of to make the stock toyhauler mattress more comfortable, but nothing worked for us so we just used the one from the daughters room. Was a bitch to get in though.

Turtle Tim
12-15-2015, 06:28 PM
I forgot, I replaced the single battery with 2 6v Trojans.

KNB
12-15-2015, 07:08 PM
do you have a 30 or 50 amp supply? 30 amp wont do 2 A/C units might want to look at a 12 volt ceiling fan

the vent fans that have reverse are nice air in or out

It's a 50 amp service, the trailer was set up from the factory to have two a.c. units

KNB
12-15-2015, 07:11 PM
We used the mattress from our youngest daughters room when she moved out. Its a high quality firm pillow top.
Put the stock mattress from the toyhauler in her old room, now she wont stay the night anymore!
We tried toppers and whatever else you can think of to make the stock toyhauler mattress more comfortable, but nothing worked for us so we just used the one from the daughters room. Was a bitch to get in though.

Yeah Tim when you're wife has a screwed up back not just any mattress will do

Turtle Tim
12-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Her back is way better. Still not 100%, but much better than it was.

EPL
12-15-2015, 07:33 PM

That's good to hear !!

KNB
12-15-2015, 07:36 PM
We had an expensive pillow top in the trailer before but Niecha complained it hurt her back so we switched to the temperpedic

KNB
12-15-2015, 07:37 PM

When's she able to ride again? Niecha wants to do another girls ride

Turtle Tim
12-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Her Dr told her to wait a year to let the fusion heal completely. That would be late summer at the earliest. Got a feeling she will want to try sooner!

KNB
12-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear she's finally getting better

mtr317
12-17-2015, 06:45 AM
I have been out with a bad back for 4 months, can't wait to get back in the seat and have some fun .

Turtle Tim
12-17-2015, 07:29 PM
I had C5-C6 fusion back in '93, been good ever since. I feel for those that have back issues.