PDA

View Full Version : RZR Turbo recall ???

The Rattler (BLR)
12-11-2015, 09:33 PM
I just seen this and I was on my phone so it was hard to read so not sure what it says
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-Alerts/2016/Polaris-Recalls-RZR-XP-Turbo-Recreational-Off-Highway-Vehicles/

EPL
12-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Polaris has received two reports of RZR XP Turbos with oil leaks and two reports of the vehicles catching on fire. No injuries have been reported.

LBR
12-12-2015, 02:42 PM
CanAm had a service bulletin on a turbo line also.....chit just happens with all of the machines

Mike621
12-12-2015, 08:08 PM
CanAm had a service bulletin on a turbo line also.....chit just happens with all of the machines

What was it? They haven't contacted me about anything, or am I supposed to contact them? The POS dealer where I bought my machine went out of business so if I have to take it anywhere for service I'm going to go to Redding Yamaha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EPL
12-12-2015, 08:14 PM
What was it? They haven't contacted me about anything, or am I supposed to contact them? The POS dealer where I bought my machine went out of business .so

That sucks .

Mike621
12-12-2015, 08:29 PM
I was never going back to that place anyway, so I don't care that they closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rattler (BLR)
12-12-2015, 08:37 PM
What was it? They haven't contacted me about anything, or am I supposed to contact them? The POS dealer where I bought my machine went out of business so if I have to take it anywhere for service I'm going to go to Redding Yamaha.

It was the oil line also.. I think the 16's are ok...it was just on the 1st 15's that they had a service bulletin on

EPL
12-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Looks like ours is in the recall !

LBR
12-12-2015, 08:52 PM
It was the oil line also.. I think the 16's are ok...it was just on the 1st 15's that they had a service bulletin on
Yeah, what BLR said...first part of the 2015s were affected...your 16 is fitted with the upgraded line.

LBR
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Looks like ours is in the recall !
Piece of mind to get it done and not worry about it!!

Pipelayer
12-13-2015, 12:33 AM

That Sucks Mike

motosx
12-13-2015, 06:38 AM
I checked the long ass list of vin numbers and mine not on it . I did buy early

The Rattler (BLR)
12-13-2015, 12:48 PM
I checked the long ass list of vin numbers and mine not on it . I did buy early
That is the opposite of most recalls...normally it's the 1st models that are the guinea pig

EPL
12-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Mine is one of them , the problem is on some the oil tube for the turbo isn't tight to specs !!

Mike621
12-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Mine is one of them , the problem is on some the oil tube for the turbo isn't tight to specs !!

Doesn't sound like that big of an issue , but something you would defiantly want to get done.

How does the Turbo feel compared to the NA XP1000 , I here they upgraded a lot of things, besides being faster, is it smoother. ?

EPL
12-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Doesn't sound like that big of an issue , but something you would defiantly want to get done.

How does the Turbo feel compared to the NA XP1000 , I here they upgraded a lot of things, besides being faster, is it smoother. ?

It defiantly has more power , only took it out to Chappie for around 50 miles. The front sway bar is nice, the body roll like the XP 1000 is gone . It is a much smoother ride with the Fox shocks. I'm looking forward to our March Madness ride to really get to try it out !!

EPL
12-17-2015, 05:37 PM

From what I understand they just check the torque on the bolts while you wait .