PDA

View Full Version : Virginia City Jan 9th 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3

gridman
12-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Hey Pipelayer you had mentioned you knew a great ride up to the city, I have no way to contact you but have some guys that would lov to do this ride lets make it happen

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 08:21 AM
hey pipelayer you had mentioned you knew a great ride up to the city, i have no way to contact you but have some guys that would lov to do this ride lets make it happen

x2 !

Mike621
12-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Yeah I would be down for a spring ride , in Nevada. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPL
12-03-2015, 01:06 PM
yeah i would be down for a spring ride , in nevada. [emoji106]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

x2 !

gridman
12-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Spring is to far away we need to do this Jan some time and freeze are a$$ off lol

EPL
12-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Spring is to far away we need to do this Jan some time and freeze are a$$ off lol

If you guys get a ride together i'll go if I can !!

gridman
12-03-2015, 02:05 PM
I have no idea how to do it, I think even Leo knows a good way to do it

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 02:20 PM

Just dress right and you won't freeze!

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I have no idea how to do it, I think even Leo knows a good way to do it

Yeah, but Leo knew a good way around the volcano too!

Beach Leo
12-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Yeah, but Leo knew a good way around the volcano too!Could not have done it with-out my Crazy Friends

Any-way Jeff is the man that knows How to get to VC

Guess it all depends on where you-all stage at?

This years Silver Strike Ride in April, I would love to have Him as Trail Boss

Him and I where Talking last year a-lot about VC, Johnson-lane area

He loves riding that area and has the knowledge to get you to VC I believe

Love to go one this ride, but I am a Sissy... plus RZR still up in Mccloud

Mike621
12-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Yeah, but Leo knew a good way around the volcano too!

That's funny[emoji3] I would like to do it now to, but the road over the Sierra's is all iced up right now, I raced VC Grand Prix a couple times 07' and 08. We went all the way down to the valley and back up, but I wouldn't know how to do it now.

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Sounds good to me. I have events coming up the next two weekends but after that, I'm game. Give me some input on what will work for everyone and we'll get it ink'd

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Sounds good to me. I have events coming up the next two weekends but after that, I'm game. Give me some input on what will work for everyone and we'll get it ink'd

Thanks, Jeff! After Christmas, my weekends are open until the March Madness ride!

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 03:48 PM

Thanks, Jeff! After Christmas, my weekends are open until the March Madness ride!

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Could not have done it with-out my Crazy Friends

I'm sure we can find an empty seat for you Leo. I think you would really enjoy this one.

Beach Leo
12-03-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm sure we can find an empty seat for you Leo. I think you would really enjoy this one.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI May take you up up on Empty Seat Bro..

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 04:06 PM
That's funny[emoji3] I would like to do it now to, but the road over the Sierra's is all iced up right now, I raced VC Grand Prix a couple times 07' and 08. We went all the way down to the valley and back up, but I wouldn't know how to do it now.

Mike, you will recognize a lot of of the route I have planned as it goes on much of the VCGP route. But there is much more as my route will go to Washoe, Carson and Dayton and if you guys haven't had enough by then, then we can go to Reno as well. Time permitting. If you need gas, you can drive your Rzr right up to the pump in VC.

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Could not have done it with-out my Crazy Friends

Leo I have a great route plan for silver strike next year if you are interested.

Beach Leo
12-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Leo I have a great route plan for silver strike next year if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat would be Awesome Jeff

Really looking forward to it

Mike621
12-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Mike, you will recognize a lot of of the route I have planned as it goes on much of the VCGP route. But there is much more as my route will go to Washoe, Carson and Dayton and if you guys haven't had enough by then, then we can go to Reno as well. Time permitting. If you need gas, you can drive your Rzr right up to the pump in VC.

Sounds good Jeff , from what I remember we went on some cool trails, it's really rocky up there, so I think it will be better it the Mav , than on the 2 wheeler, Is there a place to camp ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EPL
12-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Sounds good Jeff , from what I remember we went on some cool trails, it's really rocky up there, so I think it will be better it the Mav , than on the 2 wheeler, Is there a place to camp ?

CAMP , your talking about the middle of winter !!

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 07:24 PM
CAMP , your talking about the middle of winter !!

My trailer has a pretty good heater, doesn't yours?

EPL
12-03-2015, 07:25 PM
My trailer has a pretty good heater, doesn't yours?

YES !!! I was thinking he was talking tent !!!

Mike621
12-03-2015, 07:28 PM
I've been out in mine in the mid 20* I stayed warm enough, but I wouldn't pull over the summit in the middle of winter, but April would be fine.

gridman
12-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Sweet how about Jan 9th that should give everybody a chance to recover after the holiday's, Jeff this sounds like a blast

EPL
12-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Where would we start and end ??

gridman
12-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Jeff do we do burgers and beers in VC

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 08:01 PM
I've been out in mine in the mid 20* I stayed warm enough, but I wouldn't pull over the summit in the middle of winter, but April would be fine.

Mike, there is an RV park there with full hookups for around 35.00 pr night. The last time I took my TH up there in the winter, all of the tanks froze solid. We're talking low 20s high teens overnight. There is a very nice hotel called the silver land inn ( I think) that you can in unload and ride right from the hotel if you're not into roughing it. During the day not so bad. If it's snowing over the pass, cal trans will make you chain up the tow vehicle, 4x4 or not and if the trailer has brakes, they will make you chain up the braking axles. I tow mine over the pass all the time. The thing that pisses me off the most is when they make me chain up and there is no snow on the pavement. Just one more little gift from Cali. Once you get over the hill, there is not much snow but it's very cold. When the wind blows you would swear that there is not anything between there and the North Pole but a barb wire fence and it doesn't slow the wind down very much. If you're prepared for the trip, you will have a great time.

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Where would we start and end ??

X2.

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Sorry to paint such a bleak picture but this is worst case. Pat, the 9th works for me fine. We can meet in front of the silver land inn at 100 N E St VC Nv at 9:00 am. If this isn't going to work for the majority of the riders, please give us input. Maybe we can move it one way or the other

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Jeff do we do burgers and beers in VC

Yes Pat, post ride burgers n Beers in town, maybe a little one arm bandits too.

Pipelayer
12-03-2015, 10:17 PM
VC will be the center of the ride. One loop starts from town and goes over the hill to the west past the towers then down to the staging area at Washoe then back over the hill to Carson then back over the hill at the radio towers by Carson back into VC on the south side. We go back through town to the trails to the southeast down the grade to Dayton. We can drive right up to the Starbucks down there and get thawed out. Then back to the trails that go to six mile canyon rd , up six mile canyon about a half mile then off on the trails that go to the highlands. From there we can decide wether or not to do the 52 mile trek to Reno and back or make it another trip.

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 10:21 PM
VC will be the center of the ride. One loop starts from town and goes over the hill to the west past the towers then down to the staging area at Washoe then back over the hill to Carson then back over the hill at the radio towers by Carson back into VC on the south side. We go back through town to the trails to the southeast down the grade to Dayton. We can drive right up to the Starbucks down there and get thawed out. Then back to the trails that go to six mile canyon rd , up six mile canyon about a half mile then off on the trails that go to the highlands. From there we can decide wether or not to do the 52 mile trek to Reno and back or make it another trip.

Sounds like a great ride, Jeff! I can't wait!

AlfaBaz
12-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Sorry to paint such a bleak picture but this is worst case. Pat, the 9th works for me fine. We can meet in front of the silver land inn at 100 N E St VC Nv at 9:00 am. If this isn't going to work for the majority of the riders, please give us input. Maybe we can move it one way or the other

If I-80 is clear enough to get over the summit on that weekend, I'm in!!

And by the way, sorry about the double posts; don't know what that is all about.

gridman
12-04-2015, 04:59 AM
sounds great I will let my homies know, I bet if weather over the pass is good it will be a great turn out Thanks Bro cant wait

EPL
12-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Pipelayer and gridman are planning a ride around the Virginia City , NV area on Jan 9th 2016 . The plan is to meet in front of the Silver Land Inn in Virginia City . The address is 100 N E St Virginia City , Nv at 9:00 am. If this isn't going to work for the majority of the riders, please give us input .

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4)
5)
6)

drtfun
12-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Jeff would the Silver Land Inn be the stagging area or the meetup to go to a staging area?
Depends on weather, will Know when it gets closer so we are a strong maybe

EPL
12-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Pipelayer and gridman are planning a ride around the Virginia City , NV area on Jan 9th 2016 . The plan is to meet in front of the Silver Land Inn in Virginia City . The address is 100 N E St Virginia City , Nv at 9:00 am. If this isn't going to work for the majority of the riders, please give us input .

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun strong maybe
5) EPL weak maybe
6)

Pipelayer
12-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Jeff would the Silver Land Inn be the stagging area or the meetup to go to a staging area?
Depends on weather, will Know when it gets closer so we are a strong maybe

Terry, there is an empty lot just south of silver land across the street by the train museum where you can park or if your staying at the hotel, you can park in their lot and unload. The ride will begin there.

Pipelayer
12-04-2015, 05:19 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun strong maybe
5) EPL weak maybe
6)

Hopefully we can firm up those Maybe's. You guys will truly be missed and hopefully we get some more crazies on the list.

gridman
12-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Awesome I will have a few guys that are not on the site, also Moto and 5150 are in. I'm seeing 70 deg and balmy LOL

EPL
12-04-2015, 06:55 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun strong maybe
5) EPL weak maybe
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8)
9)
10)

Ed Harvey
12-06-2015, 12:25 AM
Put me down as a weak maybe to

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

EPL
12-06-2015, 07:52 AM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun strong maybe
5) EPL weak maybe
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
9)
10)

drtfun
12-07-2015, 05:55 PM
We have our RV spot booked, now the weather just needs to cooperate and not be snowing over the pass

EPL
12-07-2015, 06:00 PM
We have our RV spot booked, now the weather just needs to cooperate and not be snowing over the pass

Where are you staying at Terry ?

drtfun
12-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Where are you staying at Terry ?

Grand Sierra Resort in Reno arrive late Friday night, We will trailer down to VC day of the ride then back to GSR and stay Saturday night

Mike621
12-07-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm going to try and make this ride, if weather is ok[emoji106]🏽

Beach Leo
12-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Wow the weather has finally turned to winter, hope you can get over pass as well

It snowed about 2 feet of snow on Volcano with more to come, we had about 4" of rain in the last 8 days

Beer Mod
12-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Be safe guys and have fun!

EPL
12-08-2015, 07:04 AM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
5) EPL if able to get there
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
9) Mike621 depending on snow
10)

gridman
12-08-2015, 08:34 AM
I sure want it to snow like a bitc&, but not this weekend if pass is dry we will have a big group for sure

EPL
12-08-2015, 05:35 PM
I sure want it to snow like a bitc&, but not this weekend if pass is dry we will have a big group for sure

I'm with you Pat , I;ll be there if I can get there with out chains etc .

Ed Harvey
12-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Ya me to I don't have chains for the cargo trailer or the truck

AlfaBaz
12-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Me three! I would need 4 sets of chains, and I have no desire to get even one. But I am really looking forward to this ride if I can get over the summit.

EPL
12-08-2015, 06:48 PM
me three! I would need 4 sets of chains, and i have no desire to get even one. But i am really looking forward to this ride if i can get over the summit.

x1000

moosehog
12-08-2015, 11:58 PM
In, weather permitting, as I'm just east of Sac.

I just found the forum, so this would be my first ride. Do any of you guys bring along your spouses or kids?

Pipelayer
12-09-2015, 03:52 AM
Yes on both

EPL
12-09-2015, 07:37 AM
In, weather permitting, as I'm just east of Sac.

I just found the forum, so this would be my first ride. Do any of you guys bring along your spouses or kids?

We are a family friendly group of people .

drtfun
12-09-2015, 08:09 AM

Welcome, Yes Bring the family and dogs too
Great bunch of folks here

EPL
12-09-2015, 08:53 AM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
10) moosehog depending on snow
11)
12)

KNB
12-10-2015, 07:41 PM
I've ridden that area before and it was a blast, don't know if I can make it, we'll just be getting back from Dumont but I'm going to try, it's a great ride

5150 Will
12-10-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm looking forward to this ride. I'm also going to be bringing a couple more guys from my area as well. Hoping for no snow over the weekend......I don't do/own chains....

Beach Leo
12-10-2015, 10:02 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
11) 5150 Will and couple more guys
12)Beach Leo medium may-be chance

Beach Leo
12-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Just have to trailer RZR back to concord, work on it, put windshields back on, and replace front bushing

So it will be about a 1000 mile round trip for me, that is why its medium for me

Mccloud to Concord=275 miles Concord to VC=220 so thats 495 total one way

Happy gas is affordable

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Just have to trailer RZR back to concord, work on it, put windshields back on, and replace front bushing

So it will be about a 1000 mile round trip for me, that is why its medium for me

Mccloud to Concord=275 miles Concord to VC=220 so thats 495 total one way

Happy gas is affordable

Leo, maybe if you're really good, Santa will bring it for you.. [emoji106]

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 07:42 PM
For those of you that are still on the fence about whether or not to come on this one, I did a pre ride today and have some pics to share.

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 07:44 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/03e2b63e60a26a7db88a4ab464ac427f.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/3e9e4e56495f79599c511584e419d520.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/375da2d49f508238f056b9f1abec4c72.jpg

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 07:45 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/5d8bbf34699c8ff9da27262cde4118d6.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/6d189284299f432475b6dc153931a3b5.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/fdcf586f305557812e64dc4f05cfa9af.jpg

EPL
12-11-2015, 07:47 PM
If I can get there I'll be there !!

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 07:47 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/ce4a59d3c2b94a6b820685db2ccf2cdd.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/ac5ac43349eafa4b29429dea07953562.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/e8c82152f9cdc2befad88dd373ad84b0.jpg

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 07:52 PM
This was just the west side I'm going to ride the east side tomorrow and will have some more pics. It's really not that bad to chain up. I tow my rig over the hill all winter log and the payoff is some awesome riding.

EPL
12-11-2015, 07:57 PM
This was just the west side I'm going to ride the east side tomorrow and will have some more pics. It's really not that bad to chain up. I tow my rig over the hill all winter log and the payoff is some awesome riding.

The problem is I DON'T have chains for all the stuff !!

Beach Leo
12-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Bad-ass Pics Jeff

Thanks for sharing-em

drtfun
12-11-2015, 08:06 PM
If I can get there I'll be there !!
Me Too

lainracing
12-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Put me down and I'll see if I can maybe ride over with ed.if weather permitting

Mike621
12-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Love seeing the high desert with a layer of white. [emoji106]🏽 wish I was up there riding with you, hopefully will all be able to make the January ride, but like some others I don't have chains.

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 08:35 PM
The problem is I DON'T have chains for all the stuff !!

Ed, I have a set of cable chains for my truck. Easy on easy off and if you don't have brakes on your trailer, they're not required on it. I totally understand given the route you have to travel.

EPL
12-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Ed, I have a set of cable chains for my truck. Easy on easy off and if you don't have brakes on your trailer, they're not required on it. I totally understand given the route you have to travel.

I have brakes on all of my trailers !!

EPL
12-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Put me down and I'll see if I can maybe ride over with ed.if weather permitting

I'm game to go together if we can get there !!

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm game to go together if we can get there !!

Great Bob, I'm hoping that we have a break in the weather so that all of you guys can make it.

EPL
12-11-2015, 08:44 PM
I'm hoping so because I want to go !!

Mike621
12-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Do they make you chain up over 44? I've driven over to Reno a couple times in the snow, and never chained up, same with going up to Mt Shasta, seems like they would just close I5 when they get enough wrecks Lol, the I80 they make you chain for every storm, and sometimes it's not to bad at all.

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Do they make you chain up over 44? I've driven over to Reno a couple times in the snow, and never chained up, same with going up to Mt Shasta, seems like they would just close I5 when they get enough wrecks Lol, the I80 they make you chain for every storm, and sometimes it's not to bad at all.

Mike, on hwy 50, I have had to put on chains when there was no snow on the road. Pisses me off because it just tears up the road and my tires for no reason. Once you get to Nevada, the just have flashing lights on a sign an it up to you to put them on or not.

Mike621
12-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Mike, on hwy 50, I have had to put on chains when there was no snow on the road. Pisses me off because it just tears up the road and my tires for no reason. Once you get to Nevada, the just have flashing lights on a sign an it up to you to put them on or not.

Is it better to take the 50 over to Carson City? Or the I80 though Reno.

lainracing
12-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Some times they do going over 44

lainracing
12-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a plan ed

Beach Leo
12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
I have seen the chains required sign up over 44 and 89, but they don't stop you to check like 80 or 50

Pipelayer
12-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Is it better to take the 50 over to Carson City? Or the I80 though Reno.

It's definitely better to take 80 from where you live. The only bad part is Geiger grade up to VC from Reno. It's just really windy. I would go 80 but it takes me longer from where I live.

Millerrg
12-12-2015, 08:06 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/5d8bbf34699c8ff9da27262cde4118d6.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/6d189284299f432475b6dc153931a3b5.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/fdcf586f305557812e64dc4f05cfa9af.jpg

Looks like fun , wish I lived closer .

Ed Harvey
12-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I hope we have a break in the weather so we can get over and back. 44 at Bogart is 6000 ft that going to be the chain up spot getting up and over that is going to be the hard part.

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 05:00 PM
East side of the ridehttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/0663d77fe50ba3b723fc7ded01a2b980.jpg

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 05:01 PM
A few of the local homeless

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 05:04 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/4c47aabba5fda1ffc777b5ca3bda657b.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/89b904e675f948ca6d930bc808497ace.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/d337ac23bcd7c617454b9e06514e72bf.jpg

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 05:06 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/f997b693cb9b3b8067d265b6222dfbb8.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/05e3be076476844990bff08ce488de76.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/e3119367951e3bad111a9dc9a739ac1f.jpg

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 05:09 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/e7a4a4c7d2a8f7f0cd8959452f64a0ab.jpga little pit stop in Daytonhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/0bce2ce02fd863d40fafef07f5a73353.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/8cdcbc3717739309d3f64580eb9ac57b.jpgback up the other side of six mile canyon

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 05:13 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/beff6bb6bc930b4b041c814ce074d5f8.jpgVC from across 7 mile canyon. The locals have spotted a couple of bears last week in this area.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/9c03001048eb0b6acc6e0283ae585705.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/918793faaaa8aa010025da924d3491eb.jpg

EPL
12-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the pictures , sure hope the weather lets us make the ride .

gridman
12-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Even a Starbucks this will be a great ride lol

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the pictures , sure hope the weather lets us make the ride .

X2

EPL
12-12-2015, 06:51 PM
X2

If we can get there Bob (lainracing )is coming with me !!

EPL
12-12-2015, 06:52 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14)
15)
16)

Mike621
12-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Man Jeff your teasing us with these photos [emoji106]🏽 place looks so fun, where do you stay up there, motel? I'm thinking if everything works out and Sharon and I make the ride, will probably stay in Reno somewhere.

EPL
12-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Man Jeff your teasing us with these photos [emoji106]�� place looks so fun, where do you stay up there, motel? I'm thinking if everything works out and Sharon and I make the ride, will probably stay in Reno somewhere.

Terry and Barb (AKA Debbie) are staying at the Grand Sierra . Not sure where I'm going to stay yet !!

Mike621
12-12-2015, 08:32 PM
That's a good place, will probably stay there, nice big parking lot, and easy freeway access.

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 11:31 PM
Man Jeff your teasing us with these photos [emoji106]🏽 place looks so fun, where do you stay up there, motel? I'm thinking if everything works out and Sharon and I make the ride, will probably stay in Reno somewhere.

Mike, the snow riding is great because they don't usually get more than 6" to a foot and it's really powdery so it will accumulate in drifts from the wind much like sand. You would swear that there is nothing between the North Pole but a barb wire fence and it doesn't slow the wind down very much. All kidding aside, just be dressed for the weather. Rhonda's uncle lives up there, so we either stay at his place or at the windham garden inn in Carson because I just use my points stay there for free. The loop that I did this weekend was only a little over 60 miles. Depending on how fast the group moves, I have another 52 miles that we could add to that to go to Reno and back. You should recognize most of today's pics because I followed the VCGP route. Except for the Starbucks. I was gonna get a pic of me going through the drive through but I'm a picky bastard about my coffee .. Lol

Pipelayer
12-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to be long winded but Terry is right, for you guys coming from the north or I 80, Grand Sierra is a great place to stay. For those of you who want to have a few beers and don't want to drive down windy roads in very steep terrain, you might want to try silver land inn, nice rooms but a little pricey. This is the off season so I'm sure the will haggle. As for the staging area, silver land is charging 5:00 for parking. We can park for free on D street, just above silver land.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/9c4cac43a104f7fcdba586f458ea85de.jpg

motosx
12-13-2015, 06:44 AM
can't wait, hope truck rack is done so won't have to trailer. now which Rzr to bring.[emoji848]

Mike621
12-13-2015, 07:24 AM
Sorry, I don't mean to be long winded but Terry is right, for you guys coming from the north or I 80, Grand Sierra is a great place to stay. For those of you who want to have a few beers and don't want to drive down windy roads in very steep terrain, you might want to try silver land inn, nice rooms but a little pricey. This is the off season so I'm sure the will haggle. As for the staging area, silver land is charging 5:00 for parking. We can park for free on D street, just above silver land.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/9c4cac43a104f7fcdba586f458ea85de.jpg

Ok sounds good Jeff, so on January 9th we will be starting from VC? If so I will probably us stay in the hotel they have up there.

EPL
12-13-2015, 08:11 AM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15)
16)

Pipelayer
12-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Ok sounds good Jeff, so on January 9th we will be starting from VC? If so I will probably us stay in the hotel they have up there.

Yes sir.

lainracing
12-13-2015, 12:30 PM
This ride is looking more fun every time I read this post

AlfaBaz
12-13-2015, 03:13 PM
...For those of you who want to have a few beers and don't want to drive down windy roads in very steep terrain, you might want to try silver land inn, nice rooms but a little pricey...

I've never been to VC, and this sounds like the road in may be the kind of road I don't want to take my 39' hauler on. Is anyone planning to take their trailer/RV and spend a night or two in VC, or would I be better off to stay someplace else and make VC a day trip?

Pipelayer
12-13-2015, 03:20 PM
I've never been to VC, and this sounds like the road in may be the kind of road I don't want to take my 39' hauler on. Is anyone planning to take their trailer/RV and spend a night or two in VC, or would I be better off to stay someplace else and make VC a day trip?

Barry, they have a truck route that comes from the Carson city side. That's how I get my TH up there

Mike621
12-13-2015, 04:35 PM
I towed my TH up all the times I went up there, I didn't find it that bad at all, before the first time I did it I heard all the story's of how bad it was, to me it wasn't any big deal a couple switch backs, I think pulling up Buckhorn on the 299 is worse , I would just do some research Barry , cause ones you get up there your going to want to know where to go.

moosehog
12-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Terry and Barb (AKA Debbie) are staying at the Grand Sierra . Not sure where I'm going to stay yet !!

So are we.

moosehog
12-13-2015, 05:00 PM
Mike, there is an RV park there with full hookups for around 35.00 pr night. The last time I took my TH up there in the winter, all of the tanks froze solid. We're talking low 20s high teens overnight. There is a very nice hotel called the silver land inn ( I think) that you can in unload and ride right from the hotel if you're not into roughing it. During the day not so bad. If it's snowing over the pass, cal trans will make you chain up the tow vehicle, 4x4 or not and if the trailer has brakes, they will make you chain up the braking axles. I tow mine over the pass all the time. The thing that pisses me off the most is when they make me chain up and there is no snow on the pavement. Just one more little gift from Cali. Once you get over the hill, there is not much snow but it's very cold. When the wind blows you would swear that there is not anything between there and the North Pole but a barb wire fence and it doesn't slow the wind down very much. If you're prepared for the trip, you will have a great time.

So they make you chain up a tow vehicle that is 4wd when pulling a trailer?

Pipelayer
12-13-2015, 05:28 PM
So they make you chain up a tow vehicle that is 4wd when pulling a trailer?

Yes and if the trailer has brakes, they will make yo chain the last braking axle. I have a little trailer for day trips that doesn't have brakes, so just the truck.

CrazyCooter
12-13-2015, 11:07 PM

This sounds like a fun ride except if it going to be below freezing during the day.

If the weather is warm enough, we would be camping with the hauler preferably near the starting point.

MrH
12-14-2015, 06:39 AM
Yes and if the trailer has brakes, they will make yo chain the last braking axle. I have a little trailer for day trips that doesn't have brakes, so just the truck.

I thought you had to chain all braking axles??

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Pipelayer
12-14-2015, 07:02 AM
I thought you had to chain all braking axles??

MrH the question was about 4x4s towing a trailer and the law says that at least one braking axle must be chained. It doesn't necessarily have to be the last axle. The towing vehicle must be chained as well. I didn't read beyond that because that was the combination that I had and they let me through every time.:)

MrH
12-14-2015, 07:09 AM
MrH the question was about 4x4s towing a trailer and the law says that at least one braking axle must be chained. It doesn't necessarily have to be the last axle. The towing vehicle must be chained as well. I didn't read beyond that because that was the combination that I had and they let me through every time.:)

That's good to know. I knew I would have to chain my 4x4 but thought I would have to chain both trailer axles. But I still won't go in the snow. Just can't do it with my wife. She would drive me crazy grabbing the dash constantly. Lol

MrH
12-14-2015, 07:12 AM

We have stayed there quite a few times. Decent RV park if you like concrete. The side and rear spots are gravel/ dirt.

It's nice to be within walking distance of the casino/ bars/ restaurants. They have a driving range, so bring your golf clubs to hit balls into a pond.

Pipelayer
12-14-2015, 07:53 AM
That's good to know. I knew I would have to chain my 4x4 but thought I would have to chain both trailer axles. But I still won't go in the snow. Just can't do it with my wife. She would drive me crazy grabbing the dash constantly. Lol

I have exactly the same experience with my wife.. Lol. If you have a different setup than that, I would refer to the Cal Trans requirements.

MrH
12-14-2015, 09:00 AM
I have exactly the same experience with my wife.. Lol. If you have a different setup than that, I would refer to the Cal Trans requirements.

I just checked the Caltrans site and you are right. Trailers with brakes only have to have one axle chained as well as one axle on your tow vehicle.

It is also required to carry chains in your 4x4 no matter what. They can refuse passage if you don't have chains.

Pipelayer
12-14-2015, 09:30 AM
I just checked the Caltrans site and you are right. Trailers with brakes only have to have one axle chained as well as one axle on your tow vehicle.

It is also required to carry chains in your 4x4 no matter what. They can refuse passage if you don't have chains.

Yah, I saw that too, something like if the conditions change to an R1 or R2. Not sure but I think it has to do with the amount of build up on the road.

MrH
12-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Yah, I saw that too, something like if the conditions change to an R1 or R2. Not sure but I think it has to do with the amount of build up on the road.

What Caltrans site said is that if you are driving and start to lose traction there isn't a place to park until the conditions improve. You are supposed to pull over and put your chains on.

Beach Leo
12-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Just got back from Carson, Minden area. Snowed like hell yesterday there, Did not ride, just went to that area to play in poker tourney

Really wish I brought RZR with, cause it looked just great to ride in

It was cold and clear today 27 degrees at noon time

EPL
12-14-2015, 07:13 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15)
16)

EPL
12-14-2015, 07:14 PM
If the snow is on our side and i make it there I'll have an empty seat !! LEO ??

Ed Harvey
12-15-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm out not going to be able to go on the ride. It may be all for sale soon.

Pipelayer
12-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Just got back from Carson, Minden area. Snowed like hell yesterday there, Did not ride, just went to that area to play in poker tourney

Really wish I brought RZR with, cause it looked just great to ride in

It was cold and clear today 27 degrees at noon time

It's a dry cold though.[emoji944][emoji100][emoji106]

EPL
12-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hear that Ed ,hope everything is ok.

EPL
12-15-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm not worried about the cold, just being able to get there.

drtfun
12-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Ed H. hope every thing works out for the better

Ed Harvey
12-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Ed ,hope everything is ok.
Having comp problems about to go postal on them. These people just piss you off so bud sometimes and there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing like being a pissed off employee.

crazywatson
12-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Nicole wants to know if any wives are going.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Pipelayer
12-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Rhonda said she was going.

Mike621
12-18-2015, 06:14 AM
My wife Sharon is going.

EPL
12-18-2015, 06:24 AM
My wife isn't going .

gridman
12-18-2015, 06:48 AM
The warden in going with me

drtfun
12-18-2015, 02:18 PM
:p
Nicole wants to know if any wives are going.
Barb Is Going, Might not get her out of the Casino for the ride on saturday though:p

EPL
12-18-2015, 03:00 PM
:p
Barb Is Going, Might not get her out of the Casino for the ride on saturday though:p

Were going to have some fun Friday night !!

Mike621
12-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Were going to have some fun Friday night !!

Where you staying?

EPL
12-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Where you staying?

I have to talk to Bob , but thinking about staying at the Grand Sierra .

Mike621
12-18-2015, 05:59 PM
I have to talk to Bob , but thinking about staying at the Grand Sierra .

[emoji106]🏽that's were Sharon wants to stay also.

lainracing
12-18-2015, 07:13 PM
No wife ,Ed Harvey hope everything works out for the best.

lainracing
12-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Epl where ever is good with me

Pipelayer
12-18-2015, 08:22 PM
I really hope that we get a break in the weather. This is going to be a good trip.

crazywatson
12-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Were thinking about going and staying in a hotel. No trailer just the rzr up on the back of the truck.

gridman
12-19-2015, 06:42 AM
We got this guys weather will be clear and cold as hell lol

Pipelayer
12-19-2015, 07:29 AM
We got this guys weather will be clear and cold as hell lol

Perfect conditions

EPL
12-19-2015, 07:32 AM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16)

Turtle Tim
12-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Would love to do this ride. Don't think my shocks will be back by then.
If I do get them back, and the passes aren't too bad, might have to find a way to make it!!

gridman
12-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Would love to do this ride. Don't think my shocks will be back by then.
If I do get them back, and the passes aren't too bad, might have to find a way to make it!!

That would be cool if you could make it bro, lots of peps coming that are not on the form also should be a great ride

Pipelayer
12-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Yah Pat, looks like we have a great group that want to come. There will be no dust so we can keep the group tight and there will be some great scenery. Looking forward to meeting some riders that I haven't met yet.

Ruckzuck
12-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Looks like this is going to be a great ride , wish I lived closer .

lainracing
12-21-2015, 07:25 PM
I hope the weather holds out for us I've got my wife going on this trip .we've got are rooms at Grand sierra.

Mike621
12-21-2015, 07:45 PM
I hope the weather holds out for us I've got my wife going on this trip .we've got are rooms at Grand sierra.

You going Friday , or Saturday , I'm thinking Friday night , won't have to drive so far Saturday.

EPL
12-21-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm going to go to Reno Friday !!

lainracing
12-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Yes mike ed Kristin and I will be driving over Friday

Tmac4x4
12-21-2015, 10:35 PM
im interested in this ride would love to join....i have a couple peeps willing to ride as well..

Got4wd
12-21-2015, 11:41 PM
Please add my name to the list. I will be there.

gridman
12-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Sweeeeeeeet this is going to be a big group

gridman
12-22-2015, 05:38 AM
I think we need to have a over under bet on how many belts get changed lol

Tmac4x4
12-22-2015, 06:22 AM
i know my buddy will change atleast one!!!lol..... if he comes;-)

EPL
12-22-2015, 06:27 AM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16) Tmac4x4
17) Got4wd
18)
19)

EPL
12-22-2015, 08:37 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16) Tmac4x4
17) Got4wd
18) Matt89447 + 2
19)

Pipelayer
12-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Nice group, the more the merrier. No wrong turns, I promise..

Tmac4x4
12-23-2015, 07:36 PM
excited for this ride.... i have two friends that would like to tag along..

EPL
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM

Everyone is welcome !! Get them to sign up on the forum !!

EPL
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM

Tmac4x4
12-23-2015, 07:48 PM

working on that aswell... thank you!

gridman
12-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Ok I learned a trick today if there is chain controls at cisco grove and to have to chain up but fell it is no big deal you can pull off the off ramp go over the freeway and up the frontage road and back on, I did not do this today but my buddy did I just put mine on and went back on and off at the next off ramp LOL

EPL
12-23-2015, 08:22 PM
Now tell me the trick coming for Redding !! LOL

gridman
12-23-2015, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=EPL;18252]Now tell me the trick coming for Redding !! LOL[/QUOTE

Not sure on that bro but may be 395 I have never had to on that Hwy

Mike621
12-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Ok I learned a trick today if there is chain controls at cisco grove and to have to chain up but fell it is no big deal you can pull off the off ramp go over the freeway and up the frontage road and back on, I did not do this today but my buddy did I just put mine on and went back on and off at the next off ramp LOL

Ok good to know, I think I will buy some chains for the truck just in case

Mike621
12-23-2015, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=EPL;18252]Now tell me the trick coming for Redding !! LOL[/QUOTE

Not sure on that bro but may be 395 I have never had to on that Hwy

Don't know how it is going up 44 now, but I remember driving on ice going up to Mt Lasson with 4 wheel drive. Hope the weather is ok, looking forward too seeing everyone.

Pipelayer
12-23-2015, 10:02 PM

Haha, that's great Pat, I'm hoping that we don't have to at all as I want to see everyone make it. It will have to be one hell of a storm to keep me from going.

Pipelayer
12-23-2015, 10:19 PM
The long range forecast that I looked up on line showed that it was going to be clear with a high of 32 in VC that will be great if the mud stays frozen. Our elevations will range from 7000' to around 4200'.

Beach Leo
12-23-2015, 10:34 PM
What I hate about 50 and 80

It's Raining Chain-Up

Is those idiots make you chain up when the road is just wet with No Snow or Ice on it

It tears the road up real fast, they just redone 80 a while back and it need it again in the slow lane

I have put the chains on before and drive though there check-point, Than get about half mile away and take em-off to get over pass

Cause its raining you really, Do-Not need Chains

Pipelayer
12-23-2015, 11:05 PM
What I hate about 50 and 80

It's Raining Chain-Up

Is those idiots make you chain up when the road is just wet with No Snow or Ice on it

It tears the road up real fast, they just redone 80 a while back and it need it again in the slow lane

I have put the chains on before and drive though there check-point, Than get about half mile away and take em-off to get over pass

Cause its raining you really, Do-Not need Chains

Idiots trying to make the roads idiot proof. I like Nevada's chain control. A flashing light on a sign, then it's all on you baby... Lol

gridman
12-24-2015, 05:48 AM
I don't have a problem because there is so many morons but a 4 wheel drive and a little trailer is just stupid like 55 mph towing total bullsht

gridman
12-24-2015, 05:53 AM
Haha, that's great Pat, I'm hoping that we don't have to at all as I want to see everyone make it. It will have to be one hell of a storm to keep me from going.

We will be there for sure also bro cant wait to freeze my ass off lol

Pipelayer
12-24-2015, 05:55 AM
Idiots trying to make the roads idiot proof. I like Nevada's chain control. A flashing light on a sign, then it's all on you baby... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Coreyavs
12-24-2015, 12:48 PM
What is the pace of this ride? I have a rhino. Thinking of talking my dad and his maverick into going, but he doesn't much like the cold. Anyone from Redding in for sure?

nvracer
12-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Was hoping to join in but just got scheduled to work that Saturday. We did go up on Peavine Mtn yesterday and we got stuck. Had to get my truck and shovels to dig it out. EPS Trail does not have enough ground clearance got high centered in the snow. Lol

EPL
12-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes myself and Bob are going .

Pipelayer
12-24-2015, 05:02 PM
What is the pace of this ride? I have a rhino. Thinking of talking my dad and his maverick into going, but he doesn't much like the cold. Anyone from Redding in for sure?

There will be all different kinds of utv's. My friend has a teryx and has been on all of these trails. We travel at a cruising pace. You should be fine. If you don't like cold weather, you probably won't have fun. The long rage forecast is calling for a high of 32 deg.

Trxracr
12-24-2015, 06:24 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16) Tmac4x4
17) Got4wd
18) Matt89447 + 2
19) Trxracr + 2

Jakeman
12-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Hi all,

If you have room for another, I would like to join your group for the ride.

Thank you,
Travis

drtfun
12-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Always room for more, Come on out!

KNB
12-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Looks like a great ride, wish I could make it but no trailer to haul my rzr over, don't want to take the toy box over the pass this time of year. Virginia City is a great ride, done it in summer would be nice in winter, no dust

Coreyavs
12-25-2015, 09:26 PM
There will be all different kinds of utv's. My friend has a teryx and has been on all of these trails. We travel at a cruising pace. You should be fine. If you don't like cold weather, you probably won't have fun. The long rage forecast is calling for a high of 32 deg.

I have the gear for cold, although I'm sure I'll still whine like a little girl. That is, if I can make it. Sounds like a rip roaring time.

Pipelayer
12-25-2015, 10:06 PM
I have the gear for cold, although I'm sure I'll still whine like a little girl. That is, if I can make it. Sounds like a rip roaring time.

Well I hope you can make it because there will be a great group of people and a fun trail, IMO. I think you will have a great time.

Matt89447
12-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Will this ride be open to responsible quad riders? I've got a few asking.

David T.
12-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Put me in.

EPL
12-26-2015, 07:18 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16) Tmac4x4
17) Got4wd
18) Matt89447 + 2
19) Trxracr + 2
20) David T
21)
22)

Coreyavs
12-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Put me in for a strong maybe. Might have 2 more rigs tagging along. Stay tuned. Anyone know if getting a room at the Inn is a possibility?

EPL
12-26-2015, 09:26 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16) Tmac4x4
17) Got4wd
18) Matt89447 + 2
19) Trxracr + 2
20) David T
21) Coreyavs strong maybe
22)

gridman
12-27-2015, 07:07 AM

Well I sure don't have a problem with it I love quads also, just as long as they don't hold up all the race car drivers LOL

EPL
12-27-2015, 08:01 AM

We don't mind quads , I'm just not sure if the trails are going to be quad friendly . What type of quads do they have ?

Coreyavs
12-27-2015, 09:54 PM
My room is booked. I'm in and so is a buddy with his rzr, and a strong maybe for my dad and his mav

EPL
12-28-2015, 07:26 AM
My room is booked. I'm in and so is a buddy with his rzr, and a strong maybe for my dad and his mav

Where are you staying Corey ??

Coreyavs
12-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Where are you staying Corey ??
Silverland Inn

EPL
12-28-2015, 10:56 AM

From what I have been told there is a hill or two that may be a problem if there is to much snow. Would recommend 4x4 quad only if they came .

EPL
12-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Just booked my room at the Grand Sierra in Reno !!

Coreyavs
12-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Just booked my room at the Grand Sierra in Reno !!
Why not stay in Virginia city? ;)

EPL
12-28-2015, 01:04 PM
There is others that are staying there also. Plus there is more to do there at night.

Tmac4x4
12-28-2015, 05:09 PM
are we talking after party?

Mike621
12-28-2015, 05:42 PM
I got email offer today from Grand Sierra for a free room for Jan-8-9 so that worked out perfect [emoji106]🏽 I guess that's more money for the one arm bandits lol. The lady from Grand Sierra said it was snowing there right now, sounds like it's going to be a nice cold snowy desert ride. [emoji41]

washrepair
12-28-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm in sign me up

EPL
12-28-2015, 08:15 PM

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16) Tmac4x4
17) Got4wd
18) Matt89447 + 2
19) Trxracr + 2
20) David T
21) Coreyavs
22) washrepair

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Nice large group signed up. I hope everyone can make it. We can have the first UTV takeover VC.

orangecrush
12-29-2015, 06:28 PM
If not snowing Cheri and I plan to come how far is vc from Reno is it is the place to meet on the main drag

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 06:40 PM
If not snowing Cheri and I plan to come how far is vc from Reno is it is the place to meet on the main drag

It's about a half hour or so and we'll meet at D street & Suttion just in front of the silver land inn. It's just 1 block east of the main drag.

jrarias69
12-29-2015, 06:45 PM
signed up

David T.
12-29-2015, 06:49 PM
So is it a one day run or are we riding Sunday also? I live in Sparks and need to decide if we camp or day trip it.

EPL
12-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Virginia City , NV area on Jan 9th 2016 . The plan is to meet in front of the Silver Land Inn in Virginia City . The address is 100 N E St Virginia City , Nv at 9:00 am. If this isn't going to work for the majority of the riders, please give us input .

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
13) lainracing
14) motosx
15) Crazywatson
16) Tmac4x4
17) Got4wd
18) Matt89447 + 2
19) Trxracr + 2
20) David T
21) Coreyavs
22) washrepair
23) jrarias69
24)
25)

EPL
12-29-2015, 06:51 PM
It's about a half hour or so and we'll meet at D street & Suttion just in front of the silver land inn. It's just 1 block east of the main drag.

It's going to be where the other 25+ SXS's will be !! Going to be hard to miss !!

EPL
12-29-2015, 06:53 PM
So is it a one day run or are we riding Sunday also? I live in Sparks and need to decide if we camp or day trip it.

It's going to be just a one day ride .

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 07:27 PM
It's going to be where the other 25+ SXS's will be !! Going to be hard to miss !!

This time of year, there is no much going on up there. I think we will be the only excitement that the locals will see that day.

gridman
12-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Wow if the weather holds up and everybody that say they are coming shows up this will be a great day

EPL
12-29-2015, 07:31 PM
If the weather let's us all up there it's going to be an AWESOME ride !!

Tmac4x4
12-29-2015, 07:40 PM

are we unloading at the silver land inn?

EPL
12-29-2015, 07:46 PM

From what i understand we will have to look around the area for a place to park on the back streets and meet at the Silver Land Inn !!

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 07:56 PM
If the weather let's us all up there it's going to be an AWESOME ride !!

I've been watching the long range forecast and their saying that they might get a couple of light snow storms between now and then. I called the fam up there yesterday and they said that they only got a couple of of inches since I did the pre ride. The are expecting highs in the lo 20's this week. The day of the ride, the forecast is for a high of 30 and winds of 5 mph sunny with partial clouds. As long as the mud stays frozen.. Lol. The trick is going to be for us all to get over the pass. The forecast for the Sierra's could change several times between now and then but so far, it's looking good.

gridman
12-29-2015, 08:00 PM
I've been watching the long range forecast and their saying that they might get a couple of light snow storms between now and then. I called the fam up there yesterday and they said that they only got a couple of of inches since I did the pre ride. The are expecting highs in the lo 20's this week. The day of the ride, the forecast is for a high of 30 and winds of 5 mph sunny with partial clouds. As long as the mud stays frozen.. Lol. The trick is going to be for us all to get over the pass. The forecast for the Sierra's could change several times between now and then but so far, it's looking good.

Piece of cake Bro going to be fun as hell

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 08:05 PM
From what i understand we will have to look around the area for a place to park on the back streets and meet at the Silver Land Inn !!

Ed, silver land is on E st. That pic on the thread is D st. That's where we can park on either side of the road. It's like 150' from silver lands parking lot. I talked to the guy that owns the property across the street from that and he's ok. Silver land want 5.00 to park there if you're not staying there. Plenty of room.

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Piece of cake Bro going to be fun as hell

Yeah Pat, I'm thinking positive. If the conditions are anything like it was a couple of weeks ago, it will definitely be a great time.

EPL
12-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Ed, silver land is on E st. That pic on the thread is D st. That's where we can park on either side of the road. It's like 150' from silver lands parking lot. I talked to the guy that owns the property across the street from that and he's ok. Silver land want 5.00 to park there if you're not staying there. Plenty of room.

Sounds good !!

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 08:18 PM

It's a nice hotel. There are a couple of places open in town that will be open but most are closed up this time of year. You can unload right from the parking lot and start and finish the ride right there.

gridman
12-29-2015, 08:34 PM
It will be fun talking crap to all on the radios I think Moto should bring up the back he is good at that LOL

Tmac4x4
12-29-2015, 08:54 PM
It's a nice hotel. There are a couple of places open in town that will be open but most are closed up this time of year. You can unload right from the parking lot and start and finish the ride right there.

very nice!!!

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 08:56 PM
It will be fun talking crap to all on the radios I think Moto should bring up the back he is good at that LOL

Yeah, that will be great. With no dust, we will be close enough. There should be a couple of other guys with radios too.

Tmac4x4
12-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Yeah, that will be great. With no dust, we will be close enough. There should be a couple of other guys with radios too.

cb radio's?

Pipelayer
12-29-2015, 09:05 PM
cb radio's?

No there the rugged radio Vhf

Tmac4x4
12-29-2015, 09:08 PM
ok :D

Coreyavs
12-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Anyone got a rugged for sale? Priced them out and WOW!

gridman
12-30-2015, 06:22 AM

Check out there portable type they work real well for the price

Coreyavs
12-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Check out there portable type they work real well for the price
I looked but I honestly have no idea what I would need. I guess I could call them.

gridman
12-30-2015, 06:16 PM
I looked but I honestly have no idea what I would need. I guess I could call them.

check out the VHF 261 5 watt under 200 bucks and then get the helmet head sets should be to go, there is lots of Pro's on this site maybe one will chime in

Pipelayer
12-30-2015, 07:42 PM
check out the VHF 261 5 watt under 200 bucks and then get the helmet head sets should be to go, there is lots of Pro's on this site maybe one will chime in

Rugged radios has a hand held 5 watt on sale for a 100 bucks. All of their radios come pre programmed and will add any others that you request. Their in LA and super nice guys that back their stuff. They programmed a radio that I bought from someone else, for no charge.

David T.
12-30-2015, 08:33 PM

Rugged Radios has their handheld for $59 today only. I just bought one.

Coreyavs
12-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Rugged radios has a hand held 5 watt on sale for a 100 bucks. All of their radios come pre programmed and will add any others that you request. Their in LA and super nice guys that back their stuff. They programmed a radio that I bought from someone else, for no charge.

What do I have them programmed for? Is there a channel all the sxs guys use?

Pipelayer
12-30-2015, 09:52 PM
If rugged radios programs it. They will put on the frequencies used by the off road racing teams. Some of the people that I ride with run bajapits, hdrednecks were running bfgrly. I think that BLR and LBR are on the same channel.

Coreyavs
12-30-2015, 11:08 PM
What do I have them programmed for? Is there a channel all the sxs guys use?

Thanks! Love all the good info.

gridman
12-31-2015, 06:45 AM
Are group of homies all run bajapits, only problem is if you have a after market power steering be prepared to have a damn buzz in your ear the whole time it sucks and RR cant fix it. It is not a problem with the hand held units or the factory PS tho

Got4wd
12-31-2015, 08:49 AM
I will have a rugged hand held someone could use as a extra. I will bring it.

EPL
12-31-2015, 08:55 AM
Virginia City , NV area on Jan 9th 2016 . The plan is to meet in front of the Silver Land Inn in Virginia City . The address is 100 N E St Virginia City , Nv at 9:00 am. If this isn't going to work for the majority of the riders, please give us input .

1) Pipelayer
2) gridman
3) AlfaBaz
4) drtfun
6) Motosx
7) 5150 Will
8) Ed Harvey weak maybe
9) Mike621
10) moosehog