PDA

View Full Version : Should I have beadlocks or not ?

RZRJIM
12-01-2015, 09:01 AM
It's time for new wheels and I'm having a hard time deciding between beadlocked or not.

Considerations are weight, strength, hassle, necessity. Cost would be a consideration in which brand but not a deciding factor in whether to beadlock or not.

Right now I run at about 10 psi front and 12 rear and I don't know that I would want to run much lower because I do just as much (if not a bit more) high speed vs low speed.

I do live in some rugged terrain and we go fairly deep in the woods quite often but that being said I've got a couple hundred hours on my 1k and never blown a bead.

I know that overall the beadlocked are going to be stronger/safer but I also know they can be quite a pain in the ass to set properly and ensure a solid, leak free fit.

So based on all of my comments what do you recommend ?

Bedo
12-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Running 10 to 12 psi doesn't really sound like you need beadlocks wheels. And just because a wheel is a beadlock, that does not make it stronger and safer than any other wheel.

EPL
12-01-2015, 05:38 PM
I have at least 12,000 miles on trails and rough terrain and have never blown a bead , so i would say you don't need them .

The Rattler (BLR)
12-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Yes if you ride in the sand...we learned the hard way....but for all other riding I don't think it's necessary..